Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

milkman wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

Astro wrote:

max.patch wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

Besides the obvious problems with over zealous moderation, the site's officially declared, main informational mission has become so diluted that about any thread you pick soon dissolves into posts from people without knowledge that contribute nothing to the topic, psychobabble, or just pointless chatter.

the permanent moderation of doyle and tarlin is inconsistent with a site that is supposedly to share info about the trail.

I agree 100%, just does not make sense.

It makes perfect sense to me if you view the Swamp Swami for what he is. He has a god complex. Those 2 were a threat to his greatness. He had to eliminate them. It is that simple. He is completely obsessed with the power he has. He does not have time to beat every up. Even if he did, it would undermine his kingdom. He pretends to care about rules and order. The reality is he lusts after the power he has and uses the "rules" to pleasure himself. Those that remain, pleasure a pervert.

Are you sayin' he gets a nut when he bans people?

I am saying if it takes a ban to get someone to leave, they are the nut. He is a little Hitler. Why would someone stay? I don't get it at all.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

TrainWreck wrote:

I actually wish he would get a little busier doing thread maintenance and clearing out some of the chitchat and pointless entries so you can read about bear bagging, shuttle resources, and whatnot without wading thru all the gossipy overtones :S :sick: :pinch:
      yeah, effin HM is a pain in the azz with all her cutesy replies and smileys, always kissin' azz and spewin' schitt. phuggin' packsniffer is all she is. and a cookie baker :lol:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

I actually wish he would get a little busier doing thread maintenance and clearing out some of the chitchat and pointless entries so you can read about bear bagging, shuttle resources, and whatnot without wading thru all the gossipy overtones :S :sick: :pinch:
      yeah, effin HM is a pain in the azz with all her cutesy replies and smileys, always kissin' azz and spewin' schitt. phuggin' packsniffer is all she is. and a cookie baker :lol:

I'm not getting into all that, my point is there's more thread drift and wasted posts than I've seen in years. It takes far too long to download if all you're after is some serious info. Someone is slacking off in that area of site maintenance.

LoboSolo wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

she does have nice cookies!
      its all good

TrainWreck wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

I'm not getting into all that, my point is there's more thread drift and wasted posts than I've seen in years. It takes far too long to download if all you're after is some serious info. Someone is slacking off in that area of site maintenance.
      i have thought about this for some time, and will speak to Rasty about a way of keeping the content where it is readable without having to go through the thread...oh hell here it is.

The original poster puts up a post or poses a question, when the question is answerd say in post 39 the OP can copy paste that info and any other per rennet info in the first post of the thread, and just keep it running how ever long they feel like it. If Johnny new guy comes along and wants info, it's there in the first post. If they want to read further to see how the thread progressed, well that's there too...knock yourself out and read on. May not work in every instance, but for straight up info on places or the like...this is kinda what I had in mind when posting the compass thread, that it would evolve. Into something all could have a hand in.

rocksNsocks wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

i have thought about this for some time, and will speak to Rasty about a way of keeping the content where it is readable without having to go through the thread...oh hell here it is.

The original poster puts up a post or poses a question, when the question is answerd say in post 39 the OP can copy paste that info and any other per rennet info in the first post of the thread, and just keep it running how ever long they feel like it. If Johnny new guy comes along and wants info, it's there in the first post. If they want to read further to see how the thread progressed, well that's there too...knock yourself out and read on. May not work in every instance, but for straight up info on places or the like...this is kinda what I had in mind when posting the compass thread, that it would evolve. Into something all could have a hand in.

So are you volunteering to go over there and tell the scaly scamp you have a brilliant idea to improve his site? I know you're not talking about this one :lol:
    • Re:Re: Re:welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

TrainWreck wrote:

Rasty wrote:

Are the Kings, Queens, Dukes, Dutchess and the rest of the Thread Drift royalty saying something should be done about thread drift? That is the funniest thing I've ever seen.

I know, ain't it sad when it gets so bad even the pohos want to help!

Pot meet kettle
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

TrafficJam wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

I finally figured out how to make that "figured it out" comment go away gif.014

I'm sorry, but since I didn't see the original comment, you'll need to put it back :lol:

I probably couldn't do it again if I tried.

Now we get to read BB's until he figures it out.

I suggest holding out for payment, in the form of a home made stove, perhaps!

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

I'm sorry, but since I didn't see the original comment, you'll need to put it back :lol:

I already have one of the famous BirdBrain stoves. I'll wait 'till he perfects his newest design. It looks amazing.
      Lost in the right direction.

TrafficJam wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

I already have one of the famous BirdBrain stoves. I'll wait 'till he perfects his newest design. It looks amazing.

I will look into getting rid of the comment. The stoves are in mass production. I hope to be mailing some Friday.

TrainWreck wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

So are you volunteering to go over there and tell the scaly scamp you have a brilliant idea to improve his site? I know you're not talking about this one :lol:
      aaaah No, that would be like putting out

with

BirdBrain wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

I will look into getting rid of the comment. The stoves are in mass production. I hope to be mailing some Friday.

I'm teasing BB. I love my stove and don't need another one. I'm sure there's someone around here who'd like one.
      Lost in the right direction.

It is 7:11pm EST, and I'm doing my part... Just posted this on WB...
      http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?101963-Ironic-Don-t-you-think
      If it gets deleted, it simply said this:
      Why is it that thee "most read" and "posted to" thread in WhiteBlaze HISTORY, HikerBoys Cyber Café, which was so popular it actually spawned its own Appalachian Trail Café website, not to be mentioned on this web site??? There is plenty of discussion of WB on it... Just cuz HikerMoms feelings got, and I quote LoneWolf, "butt hurt", does she really have that much juice Alligator??? Really???
      1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...

Toli wrote:

Why is it that thee "most read" and "posted to" thread in WhiteBlaze HISTORY, HikerBoys Cyber Café, which was so popular it actually spawned its own Appalachian Trail Café website, not to be mentioned on this web site??? There is plenty of discussion of WB on it... Just cuz HikerMoms feelings got, and I quote LoneWolf, "butt hurt", does she really have that much juice Alligator??? Really???

I'm watching it. It wont last long. Send me your pod address and I'll mail you some paper, stamps and envelopes.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

milkman wrote:

Toli wrote:

I'm watching it. It wont last long. Send me your pod address and I'll mail you some paper, stamps and envelopes.
      its all good

TrafficJam wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

I'm teasing BB. I love my stove and don't need another one. I'm sure there's someone around here who'd like one.

**ahem** :blush:

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Yes? Did you have something to say Miss "your heating, I'm eating". :evil:

BirdBrain wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Yes? Did you have something to say Miss "your heating, I'm eating". :evil:

I'm open to the idea of trying one anyway!