Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

TrafficJam wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

WiseOldOwl wrote:

There ya alllll happy?
      it will definitely blow up now. you should have asked if she was in millinocket, not "there". max asked a legitimate question to open the thread, she immediately drifted it off and made it about this place. in turn i suggest to keep it about the real cafe up in maine. if it takes that course, our name appears over and over again and theres not much they would do to shut it down. just keep it about the real cafe in millinocket and we get free advertising.

her sarcasm makes the restaurant look bad, that pisses me off

It looks like at least one person took her comments at face value.

90 day ban.

even shut down my pm so i could not respond to his pm advising me of ban.

wanted to point out that my question was a legitimate one and wanted to know where it says on the website that any discussion of this site is not permitted. just wanted to see how he was going to respond to that.

no biggie. i figured this was going to be the final result.
      2,000 miler

WTF!!!

You have been banned for the following reason:
      TOS #13

Date the ban will be lifted: 05-24-2014, 13:00

All I did was a limerick and I even ##'ed out the ra in crap.

I was p###ed before but now he's made me really mad.
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.

Just sent this via email.
      Had to send via email as I can't PM>

Any suggestions for best place to post email address?

You really have become a complete jerk.

I posted a limerick.

On the same short trip to the site today I made several helpful comments on other threads.

I did not post in the other one.

Send me a bloody refund of 25% of my Silver membership or I'll get really angry.
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.

max.patch wrote:

90 day ban.

even shut down my pm so i could not respond to his pm advising me of ban.

wanted to point out that my question was a legitimate one and wanted to know where it says on the website that any discussion of this site is not permitted. just wanted to see how he was going to respond to that.

no biggie. i figured this was going to be the final result.
      Wow....Max sorry for the triple triple dog dare. Yeah had to know that was gonna happen though, didn't ya...didn't yeah?
    • Re:welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

Rasty wrote:

What was the official delete time?

Too all that got put of moderated status we salute you!
      they Took one for the team, hehe

...honestly, I thought because it didn't get gone right off the bat that it was gonna be ok...no idea what the last posts were, or what time it went up in smoke.

TrainWreck wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

HM's response to Max's post...
      "I'd say a no to that question, mp. I think they are bored to tears with that Cafe. There's nothing much to do in Millinocket. "
      :cheer:
      I just put a limerick in the haiku/limerick thread.
      Wonder if that will get deleted.

I preserved it for posterity!

There once was an alligator,
      Who always rose to the bait..er..,
      Then in response to the c##p,
      He made one too many a snap,
      And many said see you later.

It's still there as of 10:30 pm :lol:

This one I think.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

TrainWreck wrote:

Rasty wrote:

De nada

Although I am kinda bummed that I didn't get to find out where the good eats really are in Millinocket before the hammer fell :(

I actually spent a few days at a place in Millinocket, 'The Atrium', the X and her friends went on a raft trip down the West Branch of the Penobscot, floated right by the big K. I don't recall anything exceptional about the place. I do remember I got a fish meal that I sent back 'cause it smelled OLD! The waiter/ess started telling me about fish........I'm not from Kanas. gif.001
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:

CoachLou wrote:

Rasty wrote:

gif.005 Did I win the pool while I was out doing chores??? gif.013 gif.013 gif.013

How egregiously insensitive! Shouldn't you first observe a moment of silence for your fallen companions before stepping forward to demand your prize 2.gif

max.patch wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

WTF!!!

TOS #13

welcome cellmate. i already claimed the bottom bunk.

I didn't get put in the hole with you guys (aka banned) but I did get assigned an orange vest and am now picking up roadside trash under the watchful eye of the scaly warden (aka moderated)
      No big deal, I joined in 2005, only posted maybe 10 times between then and 2012 till the cafe opened, quit posting after it closed **shrug**

hikerboy wrote:

max.patch wrote:

Rasty wrote:

try typing this in WB land www.appalachiantrailcafe.net

i think we should start a thread on wb about the "other" appalachian trail cafe. that could get interesting ...
      just ask the name of the eatery run by the at lodge in millinocket.find out if they have a website.
      i posted a reply to astro about the vivobarefeet camp shoes, he mentioned the soles were thin, so i posted to take his insoles out of his shoes and stick them in the camp shoes.the post is still under review since yesterday. i guess theyre trying to find some hidden satanic message or something

HB, fwiw my "thin" comment was in comparison to the thickness and comfort of crocs. Definitely Vivobarefeet for me, but just wanted those switching from crocs to understand the tradeoff for the significant weight and volume savings.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General

TrainWreck wrote:

max.patch wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

WTF!!!

TOS #13

I didn't get put in the hole with you guys (aka banned) but I did get assigned an orange vest and am now picking up roadside trash under the watchful eye of the scaly warden (aka moderated)
      No big deal, I joined in 2005, only posted maybe 10 times between then and 2012 till the cafe opened, quit posting after it closed ::shrug::

You are where you belong. This place will grow and soon TOS will be marginalized in the minds of those who have lived in both worlds and hoped for something better. My hope is for a day when we stop fretting over a person that does not deserve our thoughts.

When I started at BIW I was about 6 weeks over 18 years old. An old timer came up and gave me a few words of wisdom that I did not believe at the time. One such tidbit went like this. 'These people will say the most disgusting things to you and act like they hate you. If they are talking to you, then you are okay in their eyes. It is when they stop talking to you that you should start self evaluating.' I long for the day that we stop talking over there.

That site does not deserve our time. Life is too short to swim in places where you have to worry about teeth. The waters here are clear of hazards. I do not understand the difficulty some are having choosing between a swamp and a pond.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

BirdBrain wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

max.patch wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

WTF!!!

TOS #13

No big deal, I joined in 2005, only posted maybe 10 times between then and 2012 till the cafe opened, quit posting after it closed ::shrug::

You are where you belong. This place will grow and soon TOS will be marginalized in the minds of those who have lived in both worlds and hoped for something better. My hope is for a day when we stop fretting over a person that does not deserve our thoughts.

When I started at BIW I was about 6 weeks over 18 years old. An old timer came up and gave me a few words of wisdom that I did not believe at the time. One such tidbit went like this. 'These people will say the most disgusting things to you and act like they hate you. If they are talking to you, then you are okay in their eyes. It is when they stop talking to you that you should start self evaluating.' I long for the day that we stop talking over there.

That site does not deserve our time. Life is too short to swim in places where you have to worry about teeth. The waters here are clear of hazards. I do not understand the difficulty some are having choosing between a swamp and a pond.

Like I said, no biggie. I managed to section hike from Springer all the way to Massachusetts over the years without any assistance from WB. I trust I can finish the last 600 or so miles in the same fashion. Besides the obvious problems with over zealous moderation, the site's officially declared, main informational mission has become so diluted that about any thread you pick soon dissolves into posts from people without knowledge that contribute nothing to the topic, psychobabble, or just pointless chatter. At least the old cafe attempted to keep the noise out of the main threads. The whole experience just seems all over the place now and harder to ignore the static, which seems to be increasing daily.

CoachLou wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

Rasty wrote:

De nada

Although I am kinda bummed that I didn't get to find out where the good eats really are in Millinocket before the hammer fell :(

I actually spent a few days at a place in Millinocket, 'The Atrium', the X and her friends went on a raft trip down the West Branch of the Penobscot, floated right by the big K. I don't recall anything exceptional about the place. I do remember I got a fish meal that I sent back 'cause it smelled OLD! The waiter/ess started telling me about fish........I'm not from Kanas. gif.001

Was she confusing you with Dorothy or Toto?

TrainWreck wrote:

Besides the obvious problems with over zealous moderation, the site's officially declared, main informational mission has become so diluted that about any thread you pick soon dissolves into posts from people without knowledge that contribute nothing to the topic, psychobabble, or just pointless chatter.

the permanent moderation of doyle and tarlin is inconsistent with a site that is supposedly to share info about the trail.
      2,000 miler

max.patch wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

Besides the obvious problems with over zealous moderation, the site's officially declared, main informational mission has become so diluted that about any thread you pick soon dissolves into posts from people without knowledge that contribute nothing to the topic, psychobabble, or just pointless chatter.

the permanent moderation of doyle and tarlin is inconsistent with a site that is supposedly to share info about the trail.

I agree 100%, just does not make sense.
    • Re:Re: welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

max.patch wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

My permanent moderated status makes sense. I'm a know troublemaker. :D
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

Astro wrote:

max.patch wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

It makes perfect sense to me if you view the Swamp Swami for what he is. He has a god complex. Those 2 were a threat to his greatness. He had to eliminate them. It is that simple. He is completely obsessed with the power he has. He does not have time to beat every up. Even if he did, it would undermine his kingdom. He pretends to care about rules and order. The reality is he lusts after the power he has and uses the "rules" to pleasure himself. Those that remain, pleasure a pervert.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

BirdBrain wrote:

Astro wrote:

max.patch wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

It makes perfect sense to me if you view the Swamp Swami for what he is. He has a god complex. Those 2 were a threat to his greatness. He had to eliminate them. It is that simple. He is completely obsessed with the power he has. He does not have time to beat every up. Even if he did, it would undermine his kingdom. He pretends to care about rules and order. The reality is he lusts after the power he has and uses the "rules" to pleasure himself. Those that remain, pleasure a pervert.

Are you sayin' he gets a nut when he bans people?
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.