Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

rocksNsocks wrote:

Toli wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

My opinion is likely irrelevant (it certainly is not the most important). However, I think your lack of control over the "f" word in public forums is just as childish as HM's Dr. Phil advice.

Flame away. I am debating my future on this site.

The Fire Department is here brother... You call it as you see it, and you got it right, as usual but then again gif.010 Its in Rasty/HB/TrainWreck's court, they can either do something about it or not gif.011 ... BTW, does anyone really believe the Deer on TrafficJam's hat are playing "Leap Frog" gif.013 just sayin' :silly:
      just saw TJ's hat...too dam funny...TJ did you make that yourself...Classic!

Yep... and it's warm.
      Lost in the right direction.

TrafficJam wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Toli wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

My opinion is likely irrelevant (it certainly is not the most important). However, I think your lack of control over the "f" word in public forums is just as childish as HM's Dr. Phil advice.

Flame away. I am debating my future on this site.

The Fire Department is here brother... You call it as you see it, and you got it right, as usual but then again gif.010 Its in Rasty/HB/TrainWreck's court, they can either do something about it or not gif.011 ... BTW, does anyone really believe the Deer on TrafficJam's hat are playing "Leap Frog" gif.013 just sayin' :silly:
      just saw TJ's hat...too dam funny...TJ did you make that yourself...Classic!

Yep... and it's warm.

That's due to friction.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

Tuckahoe wrote:

Should I be pointing out that many knitters used patterns that had antlers on both deer... hmmmm...

http://knitting4shirley.blogspot.com/2010/12/matts-fking-deer-hat.html

Maybe those are reindeer? Little known fact that both male and female reindeer have antlers but the buck's antlers fall off before Christmas while the does keep theirs until spring.

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/santa/reindeer.asp

I don't know what to make of it. I guess it depends if those are whitetail deer or reindeer. If they're reindeer then either Rudolph was a she or he played for the other team?

Blacksmith wrote:

Tuckahoe wrote:

Should I be pointing out that many knitters used patterns that had antlers on both deer... hmmmm...

Maybe those are reindeer? Little known fact that both male and female reindeer have antlers but the buck's antlers fall off before Christmas while the does keep theirs until spring.

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/santa/reindeer.asp

I don't know what to make of it. I guess it depends if those are whitetail deer or reindeer. If they're reindeer then either Rudolph was a she or he played for the other team?

So your point is they could be lesbian reindeer also? This is getting confusing!

rocksNsocks wrote:

Tuckahoe wrote:

ha ha ha, "don't make ya a bad guy...knitter" :lol:

Ha ha...just couldn't do both with antlers. The pattern has antlers on both. Supposed to be reindeer I think

LoboSolo wrote:

buncha adults gettin' butthurt over a cuss word

Hey I have a great Bartender named RED, she is a great friend and she loves messing with the "Trucker" next to me, over the years. He loves to cus as if he was on CH 19... after a while I don't want to hear it.. I asked him directly not to swear so much... an almost "please," he didn't say anything... then continues... over the next few months.... My friends and I went to the other bar... She lost tips... she called me directly and asked me back, he cleaned up his act. No hard feelings. just don't want to hear it. Simple, It's more about control in mixed company. If you avoided talking to others by flactuating past your sphincter, we could understand each other.

Draw your conclusion. Moving on....

Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:

Please... no drama on my behalf. If I stay, I stay. If I go, I go. When it comes to a hiking site, the boorish wolf that has walked the AT 7 times has more to offer than the butthurt weenie that has just walked Maine. I do not have to be here. The place would do fine without me. I was just doing what I do best: Speaking my mind and ignoring my delay button. I was just lamenting sending my daughter to a site that I thought was past dropping f bombs in public.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

On language.
      In todays world there are no words we haven't already seen.
      I don't like people abusing me. If they do I try to ignore them.
      BUT abuse is not "swearing".
      Some people use "swear" words.
      Some don't.
      "swear" words are different for different people.
      For some, "swearing" is only an issue when it is "blasphemy".
      In the eyes of many I swear and blaspheme all the time.
      But I don't abuse.
      I thought this place was somewhere we can all talk, ignore if someone crosses our personal boundaries of swearing and blasphemy but ensure the place is free of abuse.
      As someone around here is fond of saying "it's the internet".
      If you can't deal with it get a library card.
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.

BirdBrain wrote:

I was just doing what I do best: Speaking my mind and ignoring my delay button. .

Noone else has ever done that :whistle: (referring to myself)

The same can maybe be said about LS?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint. I can cuss with the best of them and usually do. I try not to do it around people who get offended because I respect them. Cussing in the forums doesn't bother me but it bothers me that good people might leave because of it. It's a conundrum.

TrafficJam wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

I was just doing what I do best: Speaking my mind and ignoring my delay button. .

Noone else has ever done that :whistle: (referring to myself)

The same can maybe be said about LS?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint. I can cuss with the best of them and usually do. I try not to do it around people who get offended because I respect them. Cussing in the forums doesn't bother me but it bothers me that good people might leave because of it. It's a conundrum.

there are certain forums we agreed to keep open as far as language, but the main forums we also agreed would be free of poopie words.it is not easy to remember which forums are which, as when you're clicking on recent replies, the thread does not show which forum the thread is in.
      the simple answer is for everyone to show a bit of restraint in all the forums,if its that difficult to know which threads are okay and which are taboo...the other answer is to add filters, which we didnt want to do.
      its all good

the vision i have for this site is an online trail family. a real community that supports not just hikers and packsniffers,but each other.we are family.we are going to have our disagreements and from time to time, some may be offended, but at the end of the day, we get beyond it ,and we move on.lobosolo is very much a part of that family.so is birdbrain.
      so can we all just take a deep breath,try to restrain ourselves(me,too) and move on?

on another note, lobosolo looks exactly like max patch
      its all good

hikerboy wrote:

the vision i have for this site is an online trail family. a real community that supports not just hikers and packsniffers,but each other.we are family.we are going to have our disagreements and from time to time, some may be offended, but at the end of the day, we get beyond it ,and we move on.lobosolo is very much a part of that family.so is birdbrain.
      so can we all just take a deep breath,try to restrain ourselves(me,too) and move on?

I agree, but believe he has more to offer a hiking site than I do. I hope we can just move on.
    • Re:Re: welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

BirdBrain wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

I agree, but believe he has more to offer a hiking site than I do. I hope we can just move on.

Don't sell yourself short.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

BirdBrain wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Both offer different but valid advise. Is one more valuable than the other? Yes, and NO...It varies. Advise for a "clueless weekender" varies from advise to a thru- hiker. Where LS advise is geared more to thru hikers, BB summary of his ME hike will probably be of value to a far greater number of hikers that can't thru hike. This sites need both members/options/opinions, etc.

Mountain-Mike wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Both offer different but valid advise. Is one more valuable than the other? Yes, and NO...It varies. Advise for a "clueless weekender" varies from advise to a thru- hiker. Where LS advise is geared more to thru hikers, BB summary of his ME hike will probably be of value to a far greater number of hikers that can't thru hike. This sites need both members/options/opinions, etc.

Most of what I employ on the trail are things I have learned from people like him.