Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

chief wrote:

Traffic Jam wrote:

chief wrote:

Astro wrote:

chief wrote:

if there's a cliff at 50, then at 60 there's a black hole!
      Oh no, I better make sure I finish NH & ME this year. :)
      i turn 70 in 2020, soon as that black hole shoots me out the other side, i'm hoping to land in a parallel universe where i can watch myself screw up. i look forward to saying, "ha, i knew that was gonna happen"!
      Curious...do you still hike?I feel some pressure to hike (and do other activities) as much as I can, while I can. It’s been frustrating because life events are getting in the way and I worry that my good health is running out, like sand in an hourglass.

I also worry about getting bad arthritis and not being able to knit anymore...that would be devastating. Some things bother my hands, mainly computer work and swiping motions but knitting and fiddle playing don’t bother me.
      No. Hiking and COPD don't mix well. I'm okay with that. I spent my life surrounded by asbetos insulation on ships and in shipyards and for good measure i smoked for 40 years. It is what it is, no regrets. I allow myself to walk around my neighborhood is about all. My lungs seem to like it. I'd just as soon get on my exercise bike in the house and listen to Glenn Gould play Goldberg Variations or Pearl Jam play Pearl Jam.
      Under everything, <you’re> just another human being, uh-huh. :)
      In life there are no limitations. Except stupidity. If you're stupid, you're screwed.

Stephan Pastis
    • New

Finally got to take my previously promised hike today in the 'Lynn Woods', an urban forest. Just a few miles, it was a great day to be out.

Here are some towers in the Lynn Woods that I think were built as CCC projects...

“Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • New

IMScotty wrote:

Finally got to take my previously promised hike today in the 'Lynn Woods', an urban forest. Just a few miles, it was a great day to be out.

Here are some towers in the Lynn Woods that I think were built as CCC projects...

That last one looks like a fire tower that lost it's top. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General