Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Drybones wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

Lineup for tonight's game....Evan Williams at center, Jim Beam and Old Grand Dad at forward and Markers Mark and Two Stars at the guard positions.
      what's Two Stars like?
      Great ball control, excellent outside shooter....always a top scorer....best of the line up.
      great lineup, but most folks cann’t distinguish between quality brands after the first or second shot.

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • A collection of paradoxes (some food for thought):

(1) Isn't it weird that in America, our flag and our culture offend so many people, but our benefits don't?

(2) How can the federal government ask U.S. citizens to pay back student loans when illegal aliens are receiving a free education?

(3) Only in America are legal citizens labeled "racists" and "Nazis," but illegal aliens are called "Dreamers."

(4) Liberals say, "If confiscating all guns saves just one life, it's worth it." Well, then, if deporting all illegals saves just one life, wouldn't that be worth it?

(5) I can't quite figure out how you can proudly wave the flag of another country, but consider it punishment to be sent back there.

(6) The Constitution: It doesn't need to be rewritten, it needs to be reread.

(7) William F. Buckley said: "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other points of view, and are then shocked and offended when they discover there are other points of view."

(8) Joseph Sobran said: "`Need' now means wanting someone else's money. 'Greed' means wanting to keep your own 'Compassion' is when a politician arranges the transfer."

(9) Florida has had 119 hurricanes since 1850, but some people still insist the last one was due to climate change
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Jake Ace wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

Such BS. Show me how an illegal receives one single federal benefit. One. Show me. Free education my ass....
      Just spit ballin’ here...Vote
      Drivers lic.
      Food stamps
      SS card
      Access to plan parent hood
      Vote? WTH? Show me how an illegal gets to vote! We have a hard enough time getting our citizens registered! LMAO! No way. That is an outright lie. Prove it.

Driver's License...not a federal benefit and only a couple of states for illegals. All states allow foreigners to get driver's licenses with proof of residency.

Food Stamps...nope. No way. That is an outright lie. Prove it.

SS Card....LMAO...nope. No way. That is an outright lie. Prove it. And...LMAO...

Planned Parenthood is not a federal benefit. It is not insurance. It does not provide medical care of any kind.

Not spitballing. Bullshitballing.
    • ScareBear wrote:

Such BS. Show me how an illegal receives one single federal benefit. One. Show me. Free education my ass....
      My local school district provides the same education for any child of the proper age, legal or not.
      The school district receives aid, mostly from the state, but also some from the federal goberment
      Does that count?
      If they're gonna live here, better to have them educated than not.
      But, I understand why folks get upset.
    • LIhikers wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

My local school district provides the same education for any child of the proper age, legal or not.The school district receives aid, mostly from the state, but also some from the federal goberment
      Does that count?
      If they're gonna live here, better to have them educated than not.
      But, I understand why folks get upset
      Those folks get upset with the Constitution. Those folks are not patriots. Most of those folks are also MAGA's. Go figure....

Here's the deal. The US Constitution protects illegal children from being prevented from receiving a public education. Don't like it? Move. Or pass an Amendment. Or become a little more Patriotic and support your Constitution and the FREEDOMS it stands for. blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life…attend-public-school.html
    • ScareBear wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

Just spit ballin’ here...VoteDrivers lic.
      Food stamps
      SS card
      Vote? WTH? Show me how an illegal gets to vote! We have a hard enough time getting our citizens registered! LMAO! No way. That is an outright lie. Prove it.
      Driver's License...not a federal benefit and only a couple of states for illegals. All states allow foreigners to get driver's licenses with proof of residency.

SS Card....LMAO...nope. No way. That is an outright lie. Prove it. And...LMAO...

Planned Parenthood is not a federal benefit. It is not insurance. It does not provide medical care of any kind.

Keep watching the fake News, while drinking the koolaid! Mmm
    • and on a less serious note...

on the original roseanne show the role of becky was played by lecy goranson -- until she went to college (vassar) and was replaced by sarah chalke -- and then returned to the show replacing sarah chalke when she graduated.

they did a take off on the old patty duke show introduction with the end credits which is must see tv. the video starts with the patty duke intro and then ends with the roseanne take off.

to keep this on topic -- is cathy an illegal? :)

on the roseanne reboot -- lecy is going to be surrogate mother for -- you guessed it -- sarah.

2,000 miler
    • Jake Ace wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

Just spit ballin’ here...VoteDrivers lic.Food stamps
      SS card
      Vote? WTH? Show me how an illegal gets to vote! We have a hard enough time getting our citizens registered! LMAO! No way. That is an outright lie. Prove it.Driver's License...not a federal benefit and only a couple of states for illegals. All states allow foreigners to get driver's licenses with proof of residency.

Just show me one piece of proof for any of the BS you put out there in that post. One. Fooking. Piece.
    • Federal benefit programs are mostly off limits to illegal aliens. People with DACA status (Dreamers) can get a Social Security card which would allow them to apply for the Earned Income Tax Credit.

Refugees are eligible for certain benefits, but a refugee is by definition a legal resident.

A huge issue however is that some number of illegal aliens commit identity theft to obtain someone else's Social Security number so that they can obtain employment. Using this SS number they could also obtain various entitlement benefits. The Social Security Administration has mostly been looking the other way in this problem. Here is an interesting article...

washingtontimes.com/news/2018/…l-security-benefits-to-m/

I cannot find it now but some months ago I saw a study that indicated here in Massachusetts all told a person obtain something around $50,000 in public assistance (Welfare, housing, food stamps, etc.) Sometimes I think of that number and think to myself that I am a fool for going to work everyday. I do see too many young seemingly healthy people around here who never seem to have to work.

Another thing I observe in the small city where I work are the people hawking 'Obama phones' on the sidewalk. You seem to be able to sign up for a plan and get a phone with little documentation. They are directing this at immigrants and others. The cell phone companies get reimbursed by the government no matter what so they don't care. The government does not seem to check. I am sure that fraud is high in this program including among illegal aliens. I don't own a cell phone, truthfully because I don't want one, but also because it is a way for me to save money. Every time I walk by those people handing cellphones out on the sidewalk it irks me a bit.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • ScareBear wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

Just spit ballin’ here...VoteDrivers lic.Food stampsSS card
      Vote? WTH? Show me how an illegal gets to vote! We have a hard enough time getting our citizens registered! LMAO! No way. That is an outright lie. Prove it.Driver's License...not a federal benefit and only a couple of states for illegals. All states allow foreigners to get driver's licenses with proof of residency.

Just show me one piece of proof for any of the BS you put out there in that post. One. Fooking. Piece.
      No can do babba boo, I’m done. :)
    • max.patch wrote:

The good news is that your teen has stopped eating tide detergent pods.

The bad news is that they are now snorting condoms.
      Thankfully I only I have one left and I know he is not. Now if he really thought it could add a few MPH to his fastball who knows. :rolleyes:
      After having four teenagers at one time (poor planning :( ), it sure is nice to have three in their twenties now. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

max.patch wrote:

The good news is that your teen has stopped eating tide detergent pods.

The bad news is that they are now snorting condoms.
      Thankfully I only I have one left and I know he is not. Now if he really thought it could add a few MPH to his fastball who knows. :rolleyes: After having four teenagers at one time (poor planning :( ), it sure is nice to have three in their twenties now. :)
      i've stopped going to the pitching booth at the county fair where you pitch a fastball and the machine tells ya how fast it was. it got to be downright embarrassing -- my only shot to make it to the big leagues is to learn to throw a knuckleball.
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

hahahaha

Lemont woman seeks solitude on 2,190-mile Appalachian Trail trek

chicagotribune.com/suburbs/dai…-0406-20180405-story.html
      Who knows I might meet up with her in NH/ME. :)
      I always thought it was 2-3 weeks to get your trail legs. If it is 6-8, I may not even get them this time. :rolleyes:
    • jimmyjam wrote:

max.patch wrote:

hahahaha

she's starting at HF and going Nobo doing a flip flop. She'll get some solitude, especially on the sobo leg.
      When I was hiking in NC in July/August I went at least one day without seeing anyone. And when I did it was usually a day hiker (s).
    • Astro wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

max.patch wrote:

hahahaha

she's starting at HF and going Nobo doing a flip flop. She'll get some solitude, especially on the sobo leg.
      When I was hiking in NC in July/August I went at least one day without seeing anyone. And when I did it was usually a day hiker (s).
      That's what I like about the Pinhoti, rarely see anyone except around the park.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • My latest adventure in homeownership:

My wife decided to replace an area rug that came with the house, but couldn’t pull the rug up herself as it was stuck under the baseboard molding. I took the baseboard off and it turns out the original rug was too long, so the former homeowner just rolled up the extra and built the baseboard around it. ‍♂️

Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • SarcasmTheElf wrote:

My latest adventure in homeownership:

My wife decided to replace an area rug that came with the house, but couldn’t pull the rug up herself as it was stuck under the baseboard molding. I took the baseboard off and it turns out the original rug was too long, so the former homeowner just rolled up the extra and built the baseboard around it. ‍♂️

clearly not a “popular mech.” fix...more of a cross over between
      “time life” and “home brewing and you”