Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re:welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Gator?

sent from a samsung galaxy far far away

We got a big white crane that couldn't eat the babies fast enough. Now we got these damn duck shittin' all over everything.
      Federal law prohibits relocating.
      you need a professional snipe hunter...snipe snipe snipe
      I'd put agent .177 on it.

BB - I got a job for you if you want it.

Too warm.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Gator?

We got a big white crane that couldn't eat the babies fast enough. Now we got these damn duck shittin' all over everything.

I've been reading up on it now and they have to be captured and euthanized in a humane way.
      we have the same probalem with geese up here...crap everywhere. There's an outfit called the geese police that comes around to all the major businesses round here and "gets em up" they fly away, and the police go to the next call...what a racket!
      The guy come out with a Scottish Terrier and sends him to the far side of the pond, then he launches a R/C boat, and drives it right towards the geese...the idea being that the geese can't keep an eye on both...So they "Get up" cha ching $$$ gotta love it.

Sort of like when you treat for fire ants and just run them over to your neighbors yard.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General

BirdBrain wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Gator?

Too warm.
      ha...to dam far is what I was thinking, i might could hit it from joisey

rocksNsocks wrote:

Astro wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Gator?

Now that is something I miss. Taking people snipe hunting.
      Just don't get caught holding the bag.
      use to send my kid out in the back yard, hehe, all day he'd snipe hunt with a stick...snipe snipe snipe. It was like what my Mother use to do with us, give us a couple morton salt shakers an tell us if we could put salt on a birds tail, we could keep em...never did catch them damn birds.

All you need to catch these ducks is a piece of bread or a french-fry. It says to bait them in and catch them with a net. My sister said to use a cast net and catch 'em 6 - 8 at a time. Believe me it could be done.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

Astro wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Gator?

I've been reading up on it now and they have to be captured and euthanized in a humane way.
      we have the same probalem with geese up here...crap everywhere. There's an outfit called the geese police that comes around to all the major businesses round here and "gets em up" they fly away, and the police go to the next call...what a racket!
      The guy come out with a Scottish Terrier and sends him to the far side of the pond, then he launches a R/C boat, and drives it right towards the geese...the idea being that the geese can't keep an eye on both...So they "Get up" cha ching $$$ gotta love it.

Sort of like when you treat for fire ants and just run them over to your neighbors yard.
      That's works too, hehehe
    • welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

milkman wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

milkman wrote:

Last night at HOA meeting I got put in charge of removing the Muscovy ducks from the central pond in the community.
      Any ideas how?

12 k. I care.

You're right. Good eye BB. Bingo!

Now I see you got the 12,000 post. As first I thought he was telling you to use a 12 gauge shotgun on the ducks.

Congratulations! gif.004

BirdBrain wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Gator?

Too warm.

We got a cold front moving in. Supposed to get in the 50's.

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Astro wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Gator?

use to send my kid out in the back yard, hehe, all day he'd snipe hunt with a stick...snipe snipe snipe. It was like what my Mother use to do with us, give us a couple morton salt shakers an tell us if we could put salt on a birds tail, we could keep em...never did catch them damn birds.

All you need to catch these ducks is a piece of bread or a french-fry. It says to bait them in and catch them with a net. My sister said to use a cast net and catch 'em 6 - 8 at a time. Believe me it could be done.
      No Doubt about it...that's your best bet right there...did you see the episode of Northern Lawman...the one where they profiled Gerry "inchworm" Largay? in that episode they caught em the same way, but used explosives to deploy the net...pretty slick, they caught like 20 or so.

Astro wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Gator?

I remember the last time I participated in taking someone snipe hunting. We were camping at Coopers Gap and had a newb with us. As teenagers are want to do, we convinced her it was a legit thing and then left her in the woods. We didn't go far and didn't leave her for long but I did feel a little bad when she started crying and then about 20 minutes later a bear ambled in to camp. It was a complete coincidence but it probably scarred her for life and I doubt she ever camped again. I feel a lot worse about it now than I did then. :blush:
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T. S. Eliot

rocksNsocks wrote:

Astro wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Gator?

I was probably around 7 or 8 when my dad built me a tree house. I went up there with a salt shaker hoping for a bird to pour it on.

Astro wrote:

milkman wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

milkman wrote:

Last night at HOA meeting I got put in charge of removing the Muscovy ducks from the central pond in the community.
      Any ideas how?

12 k. I care.

Now I see you got the 12,000 post. As first I thought he was telling you to use a 12 gauge shotgun on the ducks.

Congratulations! gif.004

Right place at the right time. Just walked in the door from the HOA meeting.

milkman wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Gator?

Too warm.

We got a cold front moving in. Supposed to get in the 50's.
      wait, what thread is this?

milkman wrote:

Astro wrote:

milkman wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

milkman wrote:

Any ideas how?

12 k. I care.

Congratulations! gif.004

Right place at the right time. Just walked in the door from the HOA meeting.
      didn't even notice

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Astro wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Gator?

No Doubt about it...that's your best bet right there...did you see the episode of Northern Lawman...the one where they profiled Gerry "inchworm" Largay? in that episode they caught em the same way, but used explosives to deploy the net...pretty slick, they caught like 20 or so.

My sister's got a live trap and I'll probably just get 'em one at a time. One of the board members is supposed to find out where I can take them.

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Astro wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

Gator?

My sister's got a live trap and I'll probably just get 'em one at a time. One of the board members is supposed to find out where I can take them.
      that's about my speed to, set trap...come back tomorrow. easy peasey

ATM, once you catch the ducks I guess using exhaust fumes might be the best way to terminate them.

Note valuable lesson I learned in my early teen years. I had 120 chickens I sold the eggs from, which was a great business for me at the time. Unfortunately the hens got older and stopped laying, so my family ended up eating a lot of chicken. We usually wrung their necks, but one time decided to chop their heads off. Unfortunately they do not die instantly when you do that. They kept running without their heads slinging blood everywhere, and of course my mom had white sheets on the clothes line. So my advise would be to wring necks over chopping off heads (although it might make a good you tube video).

Astro wrote:

ATM, once you catch the ducks I guess using exhaust fumes might be the best way to terminate them.

Note valuable lesson I learned in my early teen years. I had 120 chickens I sold the eggs from, which was a great business for me at the time. Unfortunately the hens got older and stopped laying, so my family ended up eating a lot of chicken. We usually wrung their necks, but one time decided to chop their heads off. Unfortunately they do not die instantly when you do that. They kept running without their heads slinging blood everywhere, and of course my mom had white sheets on the clothes line. So my advise would be to wring necks over chopping off heads (although it might make a good you tube video).

I really don't want to do the deed. I'm hoping to take them in someplace where they do it.

milkman wrote:

Astro wrote:

I really don't want to do the deed. I'm hoping to take them in someplace where they do it.
      like the back door of any Chinese restaurant.

I'm not kiddin, buddy of mine use to take his ducks locally, the owner couldn't get enough!

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

Astro wrote:

I'm not kiddin, buddy of mine use to take his ducks locally, the owner couldn't get enough!

Special today is Peking duck. $1.00 off.

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

Astro wrote:

;)

well boys, that time of night....I'm in training!
      ARMY TRAINING
      goin for a walk about

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

Astro wrote:

;)

well boys, that time of night....I'm in training!
      ARMY TRAINING
      goin for a walk about

You go RS. Maybe we'll see you when you get back.

grayblazer wrote:

Hi everybody. I've been busy so I thought I'd better check in and say hello. I'm doing well (through with radiation treatment and big chemo doses) and now I'm just taking a five day a month heavy dose of chemo every month for a year. Whew! 6 days later and the first one just cleaned me out. Like James Brown, I feel good. I finished my first week back at work successfully. My wife and I are planning a big trip for this 4 day weekend, so I hope to have a new topic with lots of cool mountain pics for you next week. I'll prolly check in with ya'll during the next few days of work. Bird Brain, I wish I could write as well as you.

Deer Hunter, I'll clean out my PMs on that other site.

Peace out.

I see you got my pm from this site. Great to hear from ya, GB. I hope you have a great time this weekend. Pullin' for ya, bud.
    • Re:Re: welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

milkman wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

I am the number 1 PoHo! gif.005 Take that ATM. gif.010

You've had that before, that's not new. I thought you were gonna reveal something of value.

Revealing something of value is not what the number one POHO does.:sly:
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

LoboSolo wrote:

we're goin' saturday

i meet you at the soruck around 4 or 5 years ago when i was section hiking northbound -- the year that marta/four leaf completed her sobo thru hike and showed up at the ruck... and mathewski was there, too... so was the she dino. and Miss Janet was in the kitchen... i was at the top of the dirt road when Ron Haven's school bus dropped you all off to slackpack downhill to the ruck. i got to slack pack, too, thanks to some nice hiker guy who brought my pack down on the bus.

no way you remember me... but i feel way cool just for being able to post this stuff. POHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      kick out the jams, bunny rabbit!