Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JimBlue wrote:

Just as i finished lunch in Oxford there was a police chase of a guy running from them. He tried to run over the officers and they had to shoot him. I was about 3 restaurants away. Probably no more than one thousand feet. I am fine. The guy also shot at the police. Only he was killed. No injuries to anyone.
      Mellow Mushroom?
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • max.patch wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

max.patch wrote:

if anybody needs a date for saturday nite i got the girl for ya.

she's obviously a hiker.

Can't afford her.
      What no salad? I feel sorry for her colon.
      i've heard that jingle enough to know that the big mac has lettuce, onion, and pickles. and ronald reagan, our greatest president, said ketchup is a vegetable and that's good enough for me. :)
      Don't neglect to get your bottle of 'Secret Sauce' today from MD

Lest we forget.....

SSgt Ray Rangel - USAF
      SrA Elizabeth Loncki - USAF
      PFC Adam Harris - USA
      MSgt Eden Pearl - USMC
    • Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

watched The Outlaw Josey Wales last night. I love the Clint Eastwood westerns.
      The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly was the best....love the music.
      I have the soundtrack in my playlist. Kind of weird when it cycles to one of the songs.
      It's my wife's ring tone when I call.
      We will assume you are the"good". :D
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

watched The Outlaw Josey Wales last night. I love the Clint Eastwood westerns.
      The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly was the best....love the music.
      I have the soundtrack in my playlist. Kind of weird when it cycles to one of the songs.
      It's my wife's ring tone when I call.
      We will assume you are the"good". :D
      Don't I wish!
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • WanderingStovie wrote:

SarcasmTheElf wrote:

Fun fact: If you spend ten minutes in the bathroom at work every day and work five days a week, that ends up totaling 43 hours a year, or over a week of work time.

I get paid to poop in plastic bags for days at a time.
      Oh man, and all this time the rest of us have been doing it for free! :D
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

That smart fridge comes with a camera, so you can monitor it remotely. Because you gotta keep an eye on that fridge, who knows what it'll do when you're not home.
      I gave you a Like from my husband.

Yesterday I had lunch at Angelina's which was Fiesta Dip and Chicken Mole with Rice & Beans. There was so much left over that of course, I brought it home and put it in the fridge. I told my husband "There's some Mexican in the refrigerator", he replied, "Well, better let him out, it's probably too cold in there for him?" I groaned, he thought he was so funny.

LIhikers wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

meat wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

Drivers who don't clean off snow and ice irk me.
      They actually made it illegal to drive with snow on your car in PA. The snow flying off can blind other drivers and cause accidents.
      same with jersey
      ....and Connecticut!
      ....and in New York too.
      My recollection from when my daughter worked in Lowell, Mass for a year 10 yrs ago, is that it was the same in Massachusetts. Made it hard for my daughter since I let her take my Explorer and she was only about 5'1".

Dan76 wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

It must be one of those days. After ruining the biscuits and burning the sausage, I washed my newly woven, red towels with my pajamas, socks, and underwear and turned everything pink. :huh:
      Not all bad...an acceptable hue for your gender.
      I did the pink thing once with a red sweatshirt that somehow got in with the whites. Only it was not my underwear and T shirts that turned pink, it was my husbands! He did the laundry for the next ten years. I still think he looks cute in pink. :saint:
      Hey...folks in the NFL wear pink every Oct..
      My daughter is a fashion historian. She has told me that in days of yore, boys were dressed in pink as it was the pastel color of the regal color of red that kings wore.

TrafficJam wrote:

Talked to a 24 yr old today about horror movies. I told her my idea of a scary movie was Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window or the Birds. She had no idea who I was talking about. :/
      At an away speedskating meet when I was about 9, Dad let me spend the night at one of my competitor's house who lived in the town that the meet was in. The Birds was on; scarred me for awhile.
    • Trillium wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

That smart fridge comes with a camera, so you can monitor it remotely. Because you gotta keep an eye on that fridge, who knows what it'll do when you're not home.
      I gave you a Like from my husband.
      Yesterday I had lunch at Angelina's which was Fiesta Dip and Chicken Mole with Rice & Beans. There was so much left over that of course, I brought it home and put it in the fridge. I told my husband "There's some Mexican in the refrigerator", he replied, "Well, better let him out, it's probably too cold in there for him?" I groaned, he thought he was so funny.

LIhikers wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

meat wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

WanderingStovie wrote:

Drivers who don't clean off snow and ice irk me.
      They actually made it illegal to drive with snow on your car in PA. The snow flying off can blind other drivers and cause accidents.
      same with jersey
      ....and Connecticut!
      ....and in New York too.
      My recollection from when my daughter worked in Lowell, Mass for a year 10 yrs ago, is that it was the same in Massachusetts. Made it hard for my daughter since I let her take my Explorer and she was only about 5'1".

Dan76 wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

Dan76 wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

It must be one of those days. After ruining the biscuits and burning the sausage, I washed my newly woven, red towels with my pajamas, socks, and underwear and turned everything pink. :huh:
      Not all bad...an acceptable hue for your gender.
      I did the pink thing once with a red sweatshirt that somehow got in with the whites. Only it was not my underwear and T shirts that turned pink, it was my husbands! He did the laundry for the next ten years. I still think he looks cute in pink. :saint:
      Hey...folks in the NFL wear pink every Oct..
      My daughter is a fashion historian. She has told me that in days of yore, boys were dressed in pink as it was the pastel color of the regal color of red that kings wore.

TrafficJam wrote:

Talked to a 24 yr old today about horror movies. I told her my idea of a scary movie was Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window or the Birds. She had no idea who I was talking about. :/
      At an away speedskating meet when I was about 9, Dad let me spend the night at one of my competitor's house who lived in the town that the meet was in. The Birds was on; scarred me for awhile.
      I'll have to remember the Mexican food comment. That made me laugh.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • Sorry I have been posting much recently. Back to my room at the shop now. It sucks! Kitchen is a whole lot farther, bathroom even more & no stars to look at when I pee!

Hiking ICT W Hikerboy is kinda in the plansnut may change due to new developments at work for the both of us. We still plan to hike & it's still posible. Just have to wait & see.

On a more positive note my day was brightened by a chat with Twistwrist/Clarity. She is loving her two jobs despite how busy she is misses her friends here at the Cafe. Chatting with her reminded me of what was right. Many of the best time in my life were with few possesions, little money & good friends. I'm honored to consider you folk my friends.
    • Mountain-Mike wrote:

Sorry I have been posting much recently. Back to my room at the shop now. It sucks! Kitchen is a whole lot farther, bathroom even more & no stars to look at when I pee!

Hiking ICT W Hikerboy is kinda in the plansnut may change due to new developments at work for the both of us. We still plan to hike & it's still posible. Just have to wait & see.

On a more positive note my day was brightened by a chat with Twistwrist/Clarity. She is loving her two jobs despite how busy she is misses her friends here at the Cafe. Chatting with her reminded me of what was right. Many of the best time in my life were with few possesions, little money & good friends. I'm honored to consider you folk my friends.
      Are you working full-time?

I miss Clarity too...
    • Mountain-Mike wrote:

Sorry I have been posting much recently. Back to my room at the shop now. It sucks! Kitchen is a whole lot farther, bathroom even more & no stars to look at when I pee!

hiking with hikerboy is a great time. We did a lash together a couple years ago.
      bacon can solve most any problem.
    • sheepdog wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

hiking with hikerboy is a great time. We did a lash together a couple years ago.
      Met up with HikerBoy and Coach Lou in New York and camped together at Wildcat back in 2015. Definitely one of my greatest memories of hiking the AT so far. :thumbup:
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Are you working full-time?
      I miss Clarity too...
      Part time, a few hours each day. Had a trade show a few of us did in Cincinatti & now just taking time prepping for Daytona. I either leave in two weeks or four. To be determined.
    • Mountain-Mike wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Are you working full-time?I miss Clarity too...
      Part time, a few hours each day. Had a trade show a few of us did in Cincinatti & now just taking time prepping for Daytona. I either leave in two weeks or four. To be determined.
      Daytona in February, that sounds pretty sweet! :thumbup:
    • max.patch wrote:

max.patch wrote:

RIGHT NOW they are doing a live pack shakedown at mountain crossings on facebook. see it at the mountain crossings or TheBackpackerTV page.

i bet they will leave the video up when they are done but i can't promise that.
      she lost her apple. :(
      replays can be seen on either page.
      I tried to watch it but only made it through a few minutes. Did they really take her apple? Bastards. She could have eaten it for a snack as she was leaving MC.
    • Mountain-Mike wrote:

+1

I truly enjoy the Café. A lot of good info, camaraderie and sometimes shenanigans. I don't always agree with what's said but 99.9% of the time, peeps are respectful.

I miss former members as well like TrainWreck!!!, Twistwrist, HikerBoy, Jacko. Hope they are all doing well.