Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

rocksNsocks wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

SURPRISE!!!!!
      gif.014 gif.014 gif.014 gif.014 gif.014

Dear OzJacko,

You have received a new private message at WhiteBlaze - Appalachian Trail from Alligator, entitled "Moderated Status".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
      http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
      Hi OzJacko,

Your account has been placed into moderated status for 10-14 days. See #10 of the user agreement.

Alligator

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

All the best,
      WhiteBlaze - Appalachian Trail

I like the "All the best" part. It is like a cop. telling you to have a nice day after giving you a ticket for speeding. The analogy breaks down while comparing this to Whiteblaze though. I was told "All the best" after being threatened about things I did not do.
      a :) would really make that pop.

The thing that made life impossible for me over there is that he would try to discern the thoughts an intents of my heart. I do not know what I did to receive such scrutiny. I swear he would study my posts for hidden meanings. When he thought he found one he would threaten me. We did a back and forth PMing for days about the prayer post. Finally he said he would just have to believe me. If he believed me, why didn't he put the post up or apologize? If he believed me, he would see how offensive his actions were. In short, he did not believe me. He felt I was lying when I said I was simply telling ElephantEater that I was praying for the InchWorm situation. And that compounds his offense. He is an asshole of the highest order. I hope he reads at least one of these posts. You owe me an apology Alligator. I was telling a friend that I was on my knees begging my God for InchWorm's safety and you threatened me about some clown I might have offended that I was not talking to. I was talking to God and ElephantEater. Yes I am bitter. Way to bitter. I would like to let it go. It would be easier to let go if people would just stay away from that place.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

Sorry BB......................
      ............I am in the Water or... thread , so many responses people are adding Booze to their drinks. I drink very little, no teetotaler by no means. It got me thinking about the TOS# whatever.......If I was a poster from Colorado, and said that I have a bowl in the morning with my coffee, would I be talking about illegal drugs. Being from Colorado...i would NOT be posting about something illegal, so I shouldn't get deleted..........your thoughts! :P
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:
    • Re:Re: welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

CoachLou wrote:

............I am in the Water or... thread , so many responses people are adding Booze to their drinks. It drink very little, no tea-totaler by no means. It got me thinking about the TOS# whatever.......If I was a poster from Colorado, and said that I have a bowl in the morning with my coffee, would I be talking about illegal drugs. Being from Colorado...i would NOT be posting about something illegal, so I shouldn't get deleted..........your thoughts! :P

You are correct.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

CoachLou wrote:

............I am in the Water or... thread , so many responses people are adding Booze to their drinks. It drink very little, no tea-totaler by no means. It got me thinking about the TOS# whatever.......If I was a poster from Colorado, and said that I have a bowl in the morning with my coffee, would I be talking about illegal drugs. Being from Colorado...i would NOT be posting about something illegal, so I shouldn't get deleted..........your thoughts! :P

to quote a wise man, "its all good".

The swamp swami is just looking for the bad in others. How we judge others is more of a reflection of our self than it is about the person we are judging. He must have the propensities that he accuses others of having. He is incapable of allowing for the possibility that he might be wrong. His judgments are as immutable and perfect as he is.

BirdBrain wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

to quote a wise man, "its all good".

The swamp swami is just looking for the bad in others. How we judge others is more of a reflection of our self than it is about the person we are judging. He must have the propensities that he accuses others of having. He is incapable of allowing for the possibility that he might be wrong. His judgments are as immutable and perfect as he is.

BB, I don't think you have typed any truer words.

BirdBrain wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

SURPRISE!!!!!

Dear OzJacko,

You have received a new private message at WhiteBlaze - Appalachian Trail from Alligator, entitled "Moderated Status".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:

Hi OzJacko,

Your account has been placed into moderated status for 10-14 days. See #10 of the user agreement.

Alligator

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

All the best,

I like the "All the best" part. It is like a cop. telling you to have a nice day after giving you a ticket for speeding. The analogy breaks down while comparing this to Whiteblaze though. I was told "All the best" after being threatened about things I did not do.

The thing that made life impossible for me over there is that he would try to discern the thoughts an intents of my heart. I do not know what I did to receive such scrutiny. I swear he would study my posts for hidden meanings. When he thought he found one he would threaten me. We did a back and forth PMing for days about the prayer post. Finally he said he would just have to believe me. If he believed me, why didn't he put the post up or apologize? If he believed me, he would see how offensive his actions were. In short, he did not believe me. He felt I was lying when I said I was simply telling ElephantEater that I was praying for the InchWorm situation. And that compounds his offense. He is an asshole of the highest order. I hope he reads at least one of these posts. You owe me an apology Alligator. I was telling a friend that I was on my knees begging my God for InchWorm's safety and you threatened me about some clown I might have offended that I was not talking to. I was talking to God and ElephantEater. Yes I am bitter. Way to bitter. I would like to let it go. It would be easier to let go if people would just stay away from that place.
      Bird Brain, yours is one of the situations I believe was caught up in all the back and forth stuff that was going on at the time. I don't know the details but through you and I believe them to be true. in your case it sounds like yes...you are owed an apology...in my case I was not...there's a couple others here to that seemed to have gotten the short end of the stick so to speak, and were quite possible given unfair treatment, like GB. I made my bed, gotta sleep in it. Worst thing to come outta that...lost a friend, I can't M'f..him for somethin I did. again your situation sounds completely different than most...I'd talk to him again and explain your (dare I say feelings) feelings on this, I really believe him to be a square guy with a shit job, tryin to keep a website from being taken over (dominated) by some yahoo posters like myself. They just don't want it to be that kind of site. it's there ball, there field, there rules.

rocksNsocks wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

SURPRISE!!!!!

Dear OzJacko,

Hi OzJacko,

Alligator

All the best,

Bird Brain, yours is one of the situations I believe was caught up in all the back and forth stuff that was going on at the time. I don't know the details but through you and I believe them to be true. in your case it sounds like yes...you are owed an apology...in my case I was not...there's a couple others here to that seemed to have gotten the short end of the stick so to speak, and were quite possible given unfair treatment, like GB. I made my bed, gotta sleep in it. Worst thing to come outta that...lost a friend, I can't M'f..him for somethin I did. again your situation sounds completely different than most...I'd talk to him again and explain your (dare I say feelings) feelings on this, I really believe him to be a square guy with a shit job, tryin to keep a website from being taken over (dominated) by some yahoo posters like myself. They just don't want it to be that kind of site. it's there ball, there field, there rules.

I tried to talk to him. I agree he has a difficult job. All it would have taken was an "I am sorry" and I would never have mentioned it again anywhere. God as my witness, it would not be an issue with me and I would have forgiven him. I would not be talking about it here. I understand that some might smear such an apology and broadcast it. I would not have. I would have figuratively patted his back, forgiven him, and moved on. He does not think he did anything wrong. I took my grievance to Attroll. Attroll said the issue was not that I slammed someone else, but rather that I was a victim of a clean up and that my post referenced a deleted post. IT DID NOT. The post I quoted in my reply remains on Whitblaze. Attroll, in effect, was saying I was lying too. I was talking to God and a friend of InchWorm and was warned to stop going after other people on Whiteblaze.

BirdBrain wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

SURPRISE!!!!!

Dear OzJacko,

Hi OzJacko,

Alligator

All the best,

I tried to talk to him. I agree he has a difficult job. All it would have taken was an "I am sorry" and I would never have mentioned it again anywhere. God as my witness, it would not be an issue with me and I would have forgiven him. I would not be talking about it here. I understand that some might smear such an apology and broadcast it. I would not have. I would have figuratively patted his back, forgiven him, and moved on. He does not think he did anything wrong. I took my grievance to Attroll. Attroll said the issue was not that I slammed someone else, but rather that I was a victim of a clean up and that my post referenced a deleted post. IT DID NOT. The post I quoted in my reply remains on Whitblaze. Attroll, in effect, was saying I was lying too. I was talking to God and a friend of InchWorm and was warned to stop going after other people on Whiteblaze.
      I remember that discussion, Although I quit posting in the "Inchworm" thread i read it several times a day, as many did. I know what your talkin about, yeah he was on-guard at that point, a couple thread we going on at that time, I don't think he could delete quick enough...But I totally see what your saying.

CoachLou wrote:

I put that thread on ignore long before that .........................that thread got WHITEBLAZE STUPID quick.........I couldn't read the bullshit anymore
      yep, it just got way to SCI for me, with all the woulda coulda shoulda. Don't blame peoples, there just trying to help, but i could not add to the hundreds of scenarios...so I bailed. I guess the thing that got me the most is just how quickly it went in that direction...started out being a "well wishes" page for family...then Johnny detective, but then they always do. It quickly got watered down and hard to follow with possibility. Funny though, I was impressed that some could actually follow along and would recap the facts, that's what kept me comin back, that and the hope she would be found.

Have I ever told you guys about my new sticks.....I have 2 sets, one for walking and one for eating.....well okay they are not new. The eating sticks are about 10 yrs old. The pack shop I got them from isn't even open anymore. The walking sticks are red.....i wish they were green....green is my favorite color.

CoachLou wrote:

Have I ever told you guys about my new sticks.....I have 2 sets, one for walking and one for eating.....well okay they are not new. The eating sticks are about 10 yrs old. The pack shop I got them from isn't even open anymore. The walking sticks are red.....i wish they were green....green is my favorite color.
      why does this sound familiar?

CoachLou wrote:

What kind of locking system do they have? How much do they weigh. What kind of tips, handle? Do the fold? I like green too.

BirdBrain wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

What kind of locking system do they have? How much do they weigh. What kind of tips, handle? Do the fold? I like green too.

Black Diamond, Ergo cork w/flip-lock.......weight....you know I don't care! Tip.......???, metal of some type :)

CoachLou wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

Black Diamond, Ergo cork w/flip-lock.......weight....you know I don't care! Tip.......???, metal of some type :)

We would make a great hiking pair. I am all about cheap and light. Testing another stove as we speak (type).

BirdBrain wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

We would make a great hiking pair. I am all about cheap and light. Testing another stove as we speak (type).

I just don't dig that alky scene. I mean those little stoves look cool and all....very light yes, I don't know....I've watched you guys....just seems alittle too messy for me.........BUT, I do want to play chess at a campsite in the Whites by Tea-lite!!! maybe HB will be up there by July and we can have a round robin!

CoachLou wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

I just don't dig that alky scene. I mean those little stoves look cool and all....very light yes, I don't know....I've watched you guys....just seems alittle too messy for me.........BUT, I do want to play chess at a campsite in the Whites by Tea-lite!!! maybe HB will be up there by July and we can have a round robin!
      I'm gonna make you that tyvek chess board...gonna be a while though, thinking of using paint instead of marker, but that has to happen in the garage....and it's just to damn cold.

LoboSolo wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

den mommy is at it
      http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?101260-Responsible-Posting-Do-you-care
      is it closed down?
      No Sir still goin strong...but fading fast!
      "Foresight" wrote;
      Feelings, Wo-o-o
      Feelings Wo-o-o feelings
      Again in my heart

"I'm Scotty" responded
      @ Foresight: Ha, ha

That song was painful to hear 40 years ago and it is still painful now...

Teardrops,
      Rolling down on, my face
      Trying to forget my, feelings of love....

Oh no, what have you done.....
      Must stop ear worm.....

...and I don't have the sack to ask them to sing it one more time...but with feeling. :lol:

LoboSolo wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

den mommy is at it
      http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?101260-Responsible-Posting-Do-you-care
      is it closed down?

she got bored with it and decided to hijack my thread instead..shes ridiculous.
      http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?86066-hike-safe&p=1841605#post1841605
      its all good

hikerboy wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

den mommy is at it
      is it closed down?

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?86066-hike-safe&p=1841605#post1841605
      wow. just read it. she is a fuckin' whack. would like to shove those condescending smileys up her know-it-all ass

LoboSolo wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

den mommy is at it
      is it closed down?

wow. just read it. she is a fuckin' whack. would like to shove those condescending smileys up her know-it-all ass
      i love you :) except when i hate you :angry: ,but mostly i love you :) but right now i hate you :angry: becuase you're hard to understand :huh: but i think i ve got you figured out :blink: i love you/hate you right now
      its all good

LoboSolo wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

den mommy is at it
      is it closed down?

i love you :) except when i hate you :angry: ,but mostly i love you :) but right now i hate you :angry: becuase you're hard to understand :huh: but i think i ve got you figured out :blink: i love you/hate you right now
      its all good

LoboSolo wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

den mommy is at it
      is it closed down?

I'm just envisioning you two on the school yard and you pullin her ponytail, and her kickin you in the balls...every day for a year.
    • Re:welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

LoboSolo wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

Rasty wrote:

Between Teacher and Mom Whiteblaze has gone to complete garbage. They have complete control of the place.
      it's what packsniffin, wannabe den mothers do :lol:
      It's just postin.
      not with HM. she believes in the bullshit she posts

I don't tug on Superman's cape.
      I don't spit into the wind.
      I don't poke, the mask, off the ole Lone Ranger.

...and I don't mess around with thems.

Doot n doot, doo da dee dee, dee dee, dee.