Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

OzJacko wrote:

Just went to WB for the first time in a few weeks and posted in HM's poll.
      Expecting it to disappear quickly and an email telling me I've been moderated....
      gif.002

That might just do it but at least I got to see it. Nice touch Oz. gif.004
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

LoboSolo wrote:

wow. she says it's not about her. it's TOTALLY about her. every post and thread she starts is about her. chick has issues. ain't gettin' no home lovin'

She's just too sensitive to cope with the high level of exposure to the internet she gives herself.
      The internet is an insensitive place.
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.
    • Re:Re: welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

OzJacko wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

wow. she says it's not about her. it's TOTALLY about her. every post and thread she starts is about her. chick has issues. ain't gettin' no home lovin'

She's just too sensitive to cope with the high level of exposure to the internet she gives herself.
      The internet is an insensitive place.

I resemble that remark
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

rocksNsocks wrote:

That's really pretty TJ, one day I'll have me a kilt...in merino wool. Them that like can call it a skirt...don't care, suits me fine.

My first thought when I saw those pictures was the looms in Edinburgh, Scotland. RS, Perhaps I should consider getting back to my Scottish roots and getting a kilt also.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General

rocksNsocks wrote:

I must have hit a button and subscribed to hiker boys cyber cafe, cause I have 292 messages in my mail box...just figured out how to unsubscribe.
      ..cause I never check my mail....I thought I had some new admirers. 2.gif

Don't sweat it, you still have plenty of old admirers.

Astro wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

I must have hit a button and subscribed to hiker boys cyber cafe, cause I have 292 messages in my mail box...just figured out how to unsubscribe.
      ..cause I never check my mail....I thought I had some new admirers. 2.gif

Don't sweat it, you still have plenty of old admirers.

Rocket who?
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

TrafficJam wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

I keep getting a notification on the right hand side saying I thank myself for any posts I make.
      I want it known I don't praise myself..... 52.gif

It's cool, we all get that...and I've figured everything out lol! I guess that means I'm not doing it wrong?

Then you fit right in around here.

Astro wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

That's really pretty TJ, one day I'll have me a kilt...in merino wool. Them that like can call it a skirt...don't care, suits me fine.

My first thought when I saw those pictures was the looms in Edinburgh, Scotland. RS, Perhaps I should consider getting back to my Scottish roots and getting a kilt also.
      yeah it's just somethin I always wanted to do. and after hiking with 'Cricket" last year...he said I'd look good in a kilt...and I believe him, hehe. One day, But I can't stand scratchy wool..just this year started wearing merino, that stuff is great! They also make em outta polyester I think.
      Woo, Couch Lou, myself, and Cricket

BirdBrain wrote:

ShuttleShellie wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

great job, shellie!!
      another soul saved for sure! gif.004

Just trying to help. If you know anyone else that needs a survival bracelet or if anyone else wants one just let me know.

I was treading lightly. I did not know if you wanted me to rave too much and create an unwanted demand. However, since you are soliciting orders, I will speak more freely. I have looked at these things in stores. They are always stiff and only come in sizes that do not fit right. This is easily the highest quality survival bracelet that I have ever touched and it is custom made just for me. I will be honest: I do not need one to survive the AT. I am thrilled to wear one made by you though. It will be a nice reminder of the Café and my friends in southern "tropics". Thank you again. God bless you SS.

Thank you for your kind words. That is the exact purpose and intention of why I make them. As a reminder of friends and friendship made through the café. (It's almost like blood brothers and sisters) :) Maybe they could become a symbol of café unity. We may be on to something.

OzJacko wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

oh shit OZ, I just pissed maself

Clean it up before it drips on me 'socks.....
      gif.014 gif.014 gif.014 gif.014 gif.014

At first all I saw was the top of the picture. I thought I went to the wrong site and was looking at someone's Bologna Pony! Nearly choked on my coffee!
      “Alone had always felt like an actual place to me, as if it weren't a state of being, but rather a room where I could retreat to be who I really was.”
      ― Cheryl Strayed

moose717 wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

At first all I saw was the top of the picture. I thought I went to the wrong site and was looking at someone's Bologna Pony! Nearly choked on my coffee!
      it was an old gag post that "Elf" originally posted in the first cafe...that today just seemed fitting. I was viewing it not 2 seconds before OZ dropped a bomb...thusly I could not resist.

moose717 wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Lol!!
      Lost in the right direction.

SURPRISE!!!!!

Dear OzJacko,

You have received a new private message at WhiteBlaze - Appalachian Trail from Alligator, entitled "Moderated Status".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
      http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
      Hi OzJacko,

Your account has been placed into moderated status for 10-14 days. See #10 of the user agreement.

Alligator

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

All the best,
      WhiteBlaze - Appalachian Trail
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.

LoboSolo wrote:

WTF did you do?

I put a reply in HM's poll saying that I stand by everything I post online but it pisses me when jerks see fit to delete things I post.
      It was a red flag to the bull but what the heck!
      I hadn't been on the site for about 3 weeks.

I bet that post is deleted...... :whistle:

OzJacko wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

WTF did you do?

I put a reply in HM's poll saying that I stand by everything I post online but it pisses me when jerks see fit to delete things I post.

Too cool
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

OzJacko wrote:

SURPRISE!!!!!

Dear OzJacko,

You have received a new private message at WhiteBlaze - Appalachian Trail from Alligator, entitled "Moderated Status".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:

Hi OzJacko,

Your account has been placed into moderated status for 10-14 days. See #10 of the user agreement.

Alligator

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:

All the best,

10-14, nice...............does that mean he might not be so mad in a week, for calling him a jerk?
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:

OzJacko wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

WTF did you do?

Well now, lets go see. Doot ta Doot Doo

...Yep yep...it's gone!

OzJacko wrote:

SURPRISE!!!!!

Dear OzJacko,

Hi OzJacko,

Alligator

All the best,

I like the "All the best" part. It is like a cop. telling you to have a nice day after giving you a ticket for speeding. The analogy breaks down while comparing this to Whiteblaze though. I was told "All the best" after being threatened about things I did not do.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

BirdBrain wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

SURPRISE!!!!!

Dear OzJacko,

Hi OzJacko,

Alligator

All the best,

I like the "All the best" part. It is like a cop. telling you to have a nice day after giving you a ticket for speeding. The analogy breaks down while comparing this to Whiteblaze though. I was told "All the best" after being threatened about things I did not do.
      a :) would really make that pop.