Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

grayblazer wrote:

Hi everybody. I've been busy so I thought I'd better check in and say hello. I'm doing well (through with radiation treatment and big chemo doses) and now I'm just taking a five day a month heavy dose of chemo every month for a year. Whew! 6 days later and the first one just cleaned me out. Like James Brown, I feel good. I finished my first week back at work successfully. My wife and I are planning a big trip for this 4 day weekend, so I hope to have a new topic with lots of cool mountain pics for you next week. I'll prolly check in with ya'll during the next few days of work. Bird Brain, I wish I could write as well as you.

Deer Hunter, I'll clean out my PMs on that other site.

Peace out.

Check your PM's here - just sent you one.

grayblazer wrote:

Hi everybody. I've been busy so I thought I'd better check in and say hello. I'm doing well (through with radiation treatment and big chemo doses) and now I'm just taking a five day a month heavy dose of chemo every month for a year. Whew! 6 days later and the first one just cleaned me out. Like James Brown, I feel good. I finished my first week back at work successfully. My wife and I are planning a big trip for this 4 day weekend, so I hope to have a new topic with lots of cool mountain pics for you next week. I'll prolly check in with ya'll during the next few days of work. Bird Brain, I wish I could write as well as you.

Peace out.

Enjoy the time away gif.005
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:

OzJacko wrote:

grayblazer wrote:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=409117

Actual apology from Alligator.

You'll have to quote it - we don't have your WB password.

I tried and discoverred that I have actually forgotten my password over there. No kidding.
      Hope that "Remember Me" feature still works when I close & reopen the website.

TrainWreck wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

grayblazer wrote:

I tried and discoverred that I have actually forgotten my password over there. No kidding.

Wasn't it something like gatorbait?
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

milkman wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

grayblazer wrote:

Wasn't it something like gatorbait?

no, that one was already taken :lol:

grayblazer wrote:

Peace out.

Wishing you all the best with all sincerity GB. One day or another we will hike.
    • Re:Re: Re:Re: Re:Re: welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

TrainWreck wrote:

Astro wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

And for those that know Daniel aka Invisible Man you will see this is an excellent likeness......
      gif.014 gif.014 gif.014 gif.014 gif.014

That is Awesome!

Where is yours Oz?

Awesomely awesome!!!
      We need to have one for every person in the café!

I would kill for a bobble head blue meanie
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

Rasty wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

Astro wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

And for those that know Daniel aka Invisible Man you will see this is an excellent likeness......
      gif.014 gif.014 gif.014 gif.014 gif.014

That is Awesome!

Where is yours Oz?

Awesomely awesome!!!
      We need to have one for every person in the café!

I would kill for a bobble head blue meanie

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FT408135&gclid=CPya4d7R_LsCFSEV7Aod_DkASg#.UtSjgGeA3mI

"Rasty"
      I would kill for a bobble head blue meanie[/quote wrote:

Not the normal reward for homicide I'm afraid.
      You may have to strike a deal on the specific person you intend to do away with...... :silly:
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.
    • Re:Re: Re:Re: welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

OzJacko wrote:

I don't have one.
      Annie organised it on net.
      Not sure who company was but it was a USA firm even though it came direct from Shanghai.
      Only the one.
      There is no OzJacko one.
      definitely looks like IM, but Oz I think it has a very good likeness of you as well...just a younger Oz.

grayblazer wrote:

Peace out.
      Glad your doin alright GB, well wishes comin your way.

rocksNsocks wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

I don't have one.
      Not sure who company was but it was a USA firm even though it came direct from Shanghai.
      Only the one.
      There is no OzJacko one.
      definitely looks like IM, but Oz I think it has a very good likeness of you as well...just a younger Oz.

Not that much - physical resemblance is more the maternal line in him.
      When you shrink a head the individuality reduces.
      They did a very good job. The profile is right as well.
      We are looking to put a little Aussie flag on the back (it is a hiker body with a backpack).
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.

milkman wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

I want a gator bobble head :woohoo:

http://www.fansedge.com/Florida_Gators/Florida_Gators_Tim_Tebow_Player_Bobblehead/source/csefe12-pla-id820818?CAWELAID=330011900011382897&gclid=CITYzfzS_LsCFTEV7AodQV0A7w

Name is familiar to me.
      Did he use to play for Pats?
      I'm sure I've heard the Bongiavannis mention him.

OzJacko wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

OzJacko wrote:

I don't have one.
      Only the one.
      There is no OzJacko one.

Not that much - physical resemblance is more the maternal line in him.
      When you shrink a head the individuality reduces.
      They did a very good job. The profile is right as well.
      We are looking to put a little Aussie flag on the back (it is a hiker body with a backpack).
      yeah, it's pretty darn cool!

grayblazer wrote:

Peace out.

I wish I could write half as well as you suggest, but more than that I wish you well.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

OzJacko wrote:

milkman wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

I want a gator bobble head :woohoo:

http://www.fansedge.com/Florida_Gators/Florida_Gators_Tim_Tebow_Player_Bobblehead/source/csefe12-pla-id820818?CAWELAID=330011900011382897&gclid=CITYzfzS_LsCFTEV7AodQV0A7w

Name is familiar to me.
      Did he use to play for Pats?
      I'm sure I've heard the Bongiavannis mention him.

He signed a 10 year contract with an Australian football team.

originally from Gray Blazer:
      Sorry Alligator. Some conservatives refer to the President as Narcissist-in-Chief. I'll delete it

originally from Alligator:
      Let's be absolutely clear here. You don't have to like me, you are not required to kowtow to me, or otherwise profess affection. You simply have to not start crap with me. No more cheap shots toward me.

Your continued participation in this website hinges on this.

Alligator

Originally from Gray Blazer:
      I like you fine. I wasn't talking about you at all. I wasn't even thinking about you. I don't do cheap shots at you and I certainly don't start crap (for a long time now). And why would I kowtow to you? I am your friend and I don't understand the animosity.. Have a good day.

Originally from Alligator:
      OK, I googled it. Totally my bad, I had not seen that specific moniker previously. My apologies. Too many numbnuts on a different thread today, it's like all of a sudden someone puts something in the water.

(NOTE) Well, that may get me permanently banned. I wonder what numbnuts he was talking about? Hhmmm, Rasty, did you put something in the water that day?
    • Re:Re: welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

grayblazer wrote:

Sorry Alligator. Some conservatives refer to the President as Narcissist-in-Chief. I'll delete it

Let's be absolutely clear here. You don't have to like me, you are not required to kowtow to me, or otherwise profess affection. You simply have to not start crap with me. No more cheap shots toward me.

Alligator

I like you fine. I wasn't talking about you at all. I wasn't even thinking about you. I don't do cheap shots at you and I certainly don't start crap (for a long time now). And why would I kowtow to you? I am your friend and I don't understand the animosity.. Have a good day.

OK, I googled it. Totally my bad, I had not seen that specific moniker previously. My apologies. Too many numbnuts on a different thread today, it's like all of a sudde someone puts something in the water.

(NOTE) Well, that may get me permanently banned. I wonder what numbnuts he was talking about? Hhmmm, Rasty, did you put something in the water that day?

Was this around Thanksgiving?
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123

grayblazer wrote:

Alligator

OK, I googled it. Totally my bad, I had not seen that specific moniker previously. My apologies. Too many numbnuts on a different thread today, it's like all of a sudde someone puts something in the water.

I can understand the confusion. He is a Narcissist-in-Chief. He is also a bad mind reader. I told ElephantEater (a friend of InchWorm) that I was praying for the situation. I got my post deleted for my well wishes and a stern warning not to go after people carte blanche. I questioned it. After many PMs he would not budge. I Pmed Attroll. He said the post was deleted because it referred to a deleted post. It was not. The "deleted" post is still on Whiteblaze. The swampy swami is an a__hole. He owes me an apology for that one. It ain't coming because he is false profit that can do no wrong in his own eyes. No wonder he thought you were referring to him. When you can come off the trail where they were searching for a missing hiker and tell a friend of that hiker that you are praying for the situation and have your post deleted and get threatened about doing things that were not in your heart or mind,... well, I don't even know how to say it and do the feelings justice. Perhaps I will post his PMs here. I wish I had a copy of the post he deleted. I have the post that ElephantEater made that I quoted in the post that was deleted.

I need to let it go. My bitterness is not hurting him a bit. I just wish the world could have seen the post that he came after me about and the exchange that ensued. I was not surprised that he did it. That is who he is. I was shocked that Attroll said it was because I referred to a deleted post. I quoted a post that still exists on Whiteblaze. That tells me Attroll is of the same mindset. My heart sunk with that revelation. I knew I was done over there at that point. I need to let it go.

BirdBrain wrote:

I need to let it go. My bitterness is not hurting him a bit. I just wish the world could have seen the post that he came after me about and the exchange that ensued. I was not surprised that he did it. That is who he is. I was shocked that Attroll said it was because I referred to a deleted post. I quoted a post that still exists on Whiteblaze. That tells me Attroll is of the same mindset. My heart sunk with that revelation. I knew I was done over there at that point. I need to let it go.

You're cool. Let it go.

CoachLou wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

Isn't he violating their Terms of Service by calling the members "numbnuts"?
      Very inappropriate.

Isn't it okay in the 'new' terms of service...that all Pohos are numbnuts! 2.gif

I just don't know how to respond to this, I just feel...numb :(

Okay, not the female pohos :huh:

::plays a couple of mournful bars on harmonica::
      I got them disenfranchised, marginalized, second class citizen poho blues

TrainWreck wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

TrainWreck wrote:

Isn't he violating their Terms of Service by calling the members "numbnuts"?
      Very inappropriate.

Isn't it okay in the 'new' terms of service...that all Pohos are numbnuts! 2.gif

I just don't know how to respond to this, I just feel...numb :(

Okay, not the female pohos :huh:

::plays a couple of mournful bars on harmonica::
      I got them disenfranchised, marginalized, second class citizen poho blues

I feel your pain.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7fkEFLLF7c