Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just wanted to let people know that Pilgrim Skyface is seems to be upping his deranged game. The other day I received an email from him where he impersonated Miss. Janet. I am concerned about just how far this person will take his sick obsession.

Here is a screen shot from Miss. Janet's FB page (Miss. Janet asked that this information be shared, so here it is.). Hopefully the photos will help you identify him in case you ever run into him out on the trail.

“Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier

The post was edited 1 time, last by IMScotty ().

• jimmyjam wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

So what’s his beef with miss Janet? Why is he stalking her?
      He's just nukin futz. He's also messing with Four Pines Hostel. You ever met the Joe, the owner? He is big guy- I wouldn't want him on my bad side.
      I was at 4 Pines on a day when a homeles drunkard posing as a hiker had out stayed his welcome. Joe asked him to leave. The guy threw a temper tantrum, leaving punctured beer cans all over the ground. When Joe saw it, he planned to drive up the trail, hike back to 4 Pines so he could intercept the creep and beat the crap out of him. Fortunately some people convinced him he wasn't worth it.
    • max.patch wrote:

maybe he just wants his money back from his contribution to her "fund my thru hike and then i'm gonna write a book about it" GoFundMe money grab a few years ago.
      I made the mistake of mentioning her 'gofundme but i am not really going to write a book project' to someone who knew her and nearly got my head handed to me. He donated because she helped him on his 2 thrus and he wanted to help. He had no expectations of anything in return. So, moral of the story is if you donate, donate with zero expectations. If you don't donate, shut yer yap. My yap has been shut ever since, especially when someone posts a 'gofundme so I can party in the woods for 6 months,' or whatever.
    • Tin Man wrote:

max.patch wrote:

maybe he just wants his money back from his contribution to her "fund my thru hike and then i'm gonna write a book about it" GoFundMe money grab a few years ago.
      I made the mistake of mentioning her 'gofundme but i am not really going to write a book project' to someone who knew her and nearly got my head handed to me. He donated because she helped him on his 2 thrus and he wanted to help. He had no expectations of anything in return. So, moral of the story is if you donate, donate with zero expectations. If you don't donate, shut yer yap. My yap has been shut ever since, especially when someone posts a 'gofundme so I can party in the woods for 6 months,' or whatever.
      Well, if you don't have a dog in the fight...
    • SandyofPA wrote:

• I don't know what is going on, but I did get an E-mail from said person. I knew it was not Miss Janet and it mentioned 4-Pines. I am sure that both Janet and Joe Mitchell are not amused by this behavior. I still am not sure how he got my e-mail in the first place. ????

I got something from him too. And it spoofed Janet's email. But when I read it, it seemed to be about the crazy bugger himself. Something about falling in love with some girl and being obsessed with her or some such crap....I can repost it if there is any interest....he is a crazy bugger....love the fact that he has a permanent purple mouse from a beat-down some girl's dad gave him in a bar in Tennessee. You can recognize this batshit from a mile away...
    • ScareBear wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

• I don't know what is going on, but I did get an E-mail from said person. I knew it was not Miss Janet and it mentioned 4-Pines. I am sure that both Janet and Joe Mitchell are not amused by this behavior. I still am not sure how he got my e-mail in the first place. ????

I got something from him too. And it spoofed Janet's email. But when I read it, it seemed to be about the crazy bugger himself. Something about falling in love with some girl and being obsessed with her or some such crap....I can repost it if there is any interest....he is a crazy bugger....love the fact that he has a permanent purple mouse from a beat-down some girl's dad gave him in a bar in Tennessee. You can recognize this batshit from a mile away...
      sure, Go for it...I didn’t get nuttin’
    • SandyofPA wrote:

Possibly through the Cafe. I believe he is registered here under several names. If you are logged into the Cafe and go to someone’s profile, you can click on the envelope icon and send email...depending on their privacy settings. I checked and your email address isn’t private.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • Jake Ace wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

Here is the attachment to the email batshit sent me. My diagnosis is Paranoid schizophrenia with delusional component. Borderline Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I had to attach it because it is over the 10k character limit for a post...Pilgrim's open letter to 4 Pines Hostel-1.pdf
    • ScareBear wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

Here is the attachment to the email batshit sent me. My diagnosis is Paranoid schizophrenia with delusional component. Borderline Personality Disorder and Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I had to attach it because it is over the 10k character limit for a post...Pilgrim's open letter to 4 Pines Hostel-1.pdf
      Wow, ain’t that some Shyte!

Jake Acery :D I like that
    • ScareBear wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

What a rant. A whole lot of lip flapping with very little actually said.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • ScareBear wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

Seems that there's a screw loose there somewhere north of his neck.
      Sure hope Sandy doesn't have to put up with more rambalings
    • LIhikers wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

Seems that there's a screw loose there somewhere north of his neck.Sure hope Sandy doesn't have to put up with more rambalings
      Sandy? What about me?
    • ScareBear wrote:

LIhikers wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

ScareBear wrote:

SandyofPA wrote:

Seems that there's a screw loose there somewhere north of his neck.Sure hope Sandy doesn't have to put up with more rambalings
      Sandy? What about me?
      Sandy just hits the delete key! This guy is lost somewhere in his own head, like another person I knew that took a trip on LSD and never came back down. Scarey, and they walk among us.
    • Drybones wrote:

Bo Peep wrote:

No matter what people feel about Miss J, what he’s doing is wrong. He can be targeting anyone...good or bad...justified or not.
      There's nothing wrong with that guy a good a$$ whuppin wouldn't take care of.
      i heard he got one when he was staying at Standing Bear and went into town
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference

The post was edited 1 time, last by jimmyjam ().

• jimmyjam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

Bo Peep wrote:

No matter what people feel about Miss J, what he’s doing is wrong. He can be targeting anyone...good or bad...justified or not.
      There's nothing wrong with that guy a good a$$ whuppin wouldn't take care of.
      i heard he got one when he was staying at Standing Bear and went into town
      I think he got his ass whipped in Erwin. Could be wrong. But, yeah, he went into town, into a trailer park bar, tried to come on to some girl, got rejected and then commented to a patron something very derogatory about the girl who rejected him. The patron was the girl's father. Ya gotta love stupid.
    • jack tarlin just rolled over in his grave...

33 Bands From The '80s That Sucked:

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.

This bombastic New Jersey "man of the people" sang about working-class probz for years in the '80s while racking up millions. Few things are worse than the song "Born in the U.S.A." -- unless it's Springsteen fans.

they lost me when they included the bangles among the 33.

[IMG:https://proxy.topixcdn.com/ipicimg/ECIVB53MMUKUIEG2-pad728x389xx444x.img]
      2,000 miler

The post was edited 1 time, last by max.patch ().

• max.patch wrote:

jack tarlin just rolled over in his grave...

This bombastic New Jersey "man of the people" sang about working-class probz for years in the '80s while racking up millions. Few things are worse than the song "Born in the U.S.A." -- unless it's Springsteen fans.

I’d follow that epyption walkin’ girl before Bruce, she plagued my HS years :D
      m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv6tuzHUuuk
    • max.patch wrote:

jack tarlin just rolled over in his grave...

Was there supposed to be a link somewhere?
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Jake Ace wrote:

max.patch wrote:

Astro wrote:

clickbait article; but since ya asked...stars.topix.net/slideshow/1922…utm_term=400LM9FOKFHRBV08;

but becasue i read it -- alexa has been playing the bangles for the last couple hours!
      what does Alexa say if you ask her “Alexa, are you spying on me”Heard this in the news today.
      "i only send audio back to amazon when i hear you say the wake word. for more information...." (nothing of importance follows)

the "wake word" is "alexa" or you can change it to "amazon".
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

max.patch wrote:

Astro wrote:

clickbait article; but since ya asked...stars.topix.net/slideshow/1922…utm_term=400LM9FOKFHRBV08;
      but becasue i read it -- alexa has been playing the bangles for the last couple hours!
      what does Alexa say if you ask her “Alexa, are you spying on me”Heard this in the news today.
      "i only send audio back to amazon when i hear you say the wake word. for more information...." (nothing of importance follows)
      the "wake word" is "alexa" or you can change it to "amazon".
      ah, someone said she says nothing.
    • Jake Ace wrote:

max.patch wrote:

Jake Ace wrote:

max.patch wrote:

Astro wrote:

clickbait article; but since ya asked...stars.topix.net/slideshow/1922…utm_term=400LM9FOKFHRBV08;but becasue i read it -- alexa has been playing the bangles for the last couple hours!
      "i only send audio back to amazon when i hear you say the wake word. for more information...." (nothing of importance follows)the "wake word" is "alexa" or you can change it to "amazon".
      ah, someone said she says nothing.
      sometimes people talk outta their butt on the internet. on one financial site i sometimes visit some members explain why they won't ever have alexa -- and some of the reasons they give are just plain crazy.
      2,000 miler