Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Pinned welcome to the cafe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• welcome to hikerboy's cyber cafe

Ok -
      now that I'm here, we ought to make a list of cool kids that are missing.
      Is that other place so moderated that everyone is over here now. I got
      abused over there a few times too many and sort of got tired of sitting down
      with my cocktail and having to edit and re-edit what I thought about topics
      just to make sure I didn't get kicked out - - over there if you brought up something
      the least bit opinionated, it was booted from the Cafe (like saying that blue blazers
      are cheaters) is that cool here? (cause they are).

PapaD wrote:

Ok -
      just to make sure I didn't get kicked out - - over there if you brought up something
      the least bit opinionated, it was booted from the Cafe (like saying that blue blazers

The other site has disabled posts and private messaging so that it won't display email addy's or our website. I know, it's hard to believe, but they did. We're going to have to dig a little deeper to find ways to contact the missing troups.

um - I don't really know - I get so much junk e-mail I'm just not sure - - what's up with it?

back to the earlier point, why was / is the "other site" so over moderated and full of such hard asses? I never really got that . . . . after all, it is supposed to be a place of information and discourse regarding something that most people on the site consider fun, a hobby, an enjoyable pursuit, something to smile and laugh about, appreciate and so forth. Making everyone feel as if they are on pins and needles wasn't ever helpful. Just for full disclosure, I'm still "over there" contributing answers to serious questions. Hey - - is Tipi Walter over here? I have his contact info and run into him in the woods sometime. We have similar tendencies. I can go fetch him if needed.

PapaD wrote:

Ok -

Blue blazers are fine with chinos and turtlenecks.
      I'm not lost. I know where I am. I'm right here.

PapaD wrote:

um - I don't really know - I get so much junk e-mail I'm just not sure - - what's up with it?

back to the earlier point, why was / is the "other site" so over moderated and full of such hard asses? I never really got that . . . . after all, it is supposed to be a place of information and discourse regarding something that most people on the site consider fun, a hobby, an enjoyable pursuit, something to smile and laugh about, appreciate and so forth. Making everyone feel as if they are on pins and needles wasn't ever helpful. Just for full disclosure, I'm still "over there" contributing answers to serious questions. Hey - - is Tipi Walter over here? I have his contact info and run into him in the woods sometime. We have similar tendencies. I can go fetch him if needed.

I can't answer the first couple questions because I honestly have no idea.

Tipi Walter is welcome to join if he wants to go slumming with pohos ;) he has his own brand of humor. I actually kinda like him. Invite him :)

AnotherKevin wrote:

PapaD wrote:

Ok -

Blue blazers are fine with chinos and turtlenecks.

and a nice chianti?

ChooChooTrain wrote:

PapaD wrote:

I can't answer the first couple questions because I honestly have no idea.

Tipi Walter is welcome to join if he wants to go slumming with pohos ;) he has his own brand of humor. I actually kinda like him. Invite him :)
      oh hell yes! I love his ranty rants and his screedy screeds.

DeerHunter wrote:

Thanks, ATM. How are your knees? Have you gotten them operated on yet?

Nope. After consulting with the surgeon I'm putting it off for a while. I opted out for a series 5 injections over a 5 week period to replace the fluid in my knees. Right knee feels good, left is getting there. Been getting electric stimulation along with ultrasound and rehab machines. I'm about 4 weeks in now. Got in the pool today and swam 500 yds. Feelin' optimistic. Will be testing them trail wise in Feb.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

ChooChooTrain wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

ChooChooTrain wrote:

Btw, most of us are also still on the other site. Unless we get kicked off. Each place has it's own purpose!
      over time this will become the place to come for information as well not too many kids on wb.we're going to bridge the gap between Facebook and WB

Stop the presses.
      HB said the F word.
      I will not go there
      its all good

milkman wrote:

DeerHunter wrote:

Nope. After consulting with the surgeon I'm putting it off for a while. I opted out for a series 5 injections over a 5 week period to replace the fluid in my knees. Right knee feels good, left is getting there. Been getting electric stimulation along with ultrasound and rehab machines. I'm about 4 weeks in now. Got in the pool today and swam 500 yds. Feelin' optimistic. Will be testing them trail wise in Feb.

Ok. Hope you get them straightened out. Where you planning on hiking?

hikerboy wrote:

ChooChooTrain wrote:

hikerboy wrote:

ChooChooTrain wrote:

Btw, most of us are also still on the other site. Unless we get kicked off. Each place has it's own purpose!
      over time this will become the place to come for information as well not too many kids on wb.we're going to bridge the gap between Facebook and WB

Stop the presses.
      HB said the F word.
      I will not go there

Where are you right now?

milkman wrote:

DeerHunter wrote:

Good time to test them. I went hiking and camping one or two weeks after I got my ACL replacement. It did not get above 20 degrees for 4 days, about 7 degrees at night. I almost froze to death on top of Black Bald, but I did not feel my knee pain at all hiking two miles up the mountain several times and crawling in and out of my tent.

DeerHunter wrote:

Gonna do a section of the FT in Feb and if that works out I'm gonna try and stay in hiking shape and do the Alabama portion of the PT in May. I've dropped about 18lbs (body weight) and hope for a good bit more by then. Then I'll be lookin' the AT's way again more than likely 2015. God willing.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

milkman wrote:

DeerHunter wrote:

Gonna do a section of the FT in Feb and if that works out I'm gonna try and stay in hiking shape and do the Alabama portion of the PT in May. I've dropped about 18lbs (body weight) and hope for a good bit more by then. Then I'll be lookin' the AT's way again more than likely 2015. God willing.

Congrats on the weight loss. I'm working on mine myself. I would like to drop another 8 or so.