Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Photo Sharing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Photo Sharing

OK, this isn't directly related to hiking, but not entirely off the wall. I'm currently investigating various photo-organizing and photo-sharing schemes. Partly for new and current stuff, partly for my thousands of old images. Partly to show off the photos, to have them backed up on the cloud, and partly to share with family, friends, or blog posts here and elsewhere.

I have my own domain and a website I built years ago, but the technology is old-hat and it doesn't play well on smart phones. (Eg., "swipe" to advance to next image, etc.)

Picasa runs well on my Windows PC, is fine for organizing and browsing photos, but not for editing them, and doesn't handle most RAW file types. It does have seamless integration with Google+ web albums, however. I've posted a number of albums there in the last two or three days.

What are folks using? And why? Do you ever check out images on Google+? I'll bet most folks are OK with Facebook...
    • I'm a dusty dinosaur who still pays for a Flickr account sans advertising. Everyone else wants to down-sample my images to some resolution that's totally inappropriate for printing.

I don't demand photo editing from my photo storage site. I have Gimp, Luminance, and Hugin on my desktop. I can edit locally.
      I'm not lost. I know where I am. I'm right here.