Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

More Hiking in PA...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• More Hiking in PA...

Well, I left the reservoir in Hamburg a little after 7am Sunday Morning, there were 3 other cars already in the lot, with another pulling in just as I was hittin' the trail... It was upper 40's, and the wind was really blowing... I was kitted up and comfortable in the windy conditions... Took the road up to the Observatory, but broke off when it reached Furnace Creek, crossed the bridge, thought to myself that I have never seen it that low in the past 2 and a half years, and jumped on the AT near the shelter headed NOBO to Dan's Pulpit... Was just out for fun, so I headed down the Blue Blaze trail to Blue Rock Camp site, and there was a family of four just leaving with their dog... Pretty cool site, first time I ever walked down to it...There were 4 people already at Dan's, said good morning, took a couple of pic's and was on my way... The winds were strong, but in the woods it was perfect... Got to the Pinnacle before 10am, and there were prolly 30 PEOPLE already there!!! Not even sure how they got there ?( as no one passed me... Noshed on some Deer jerky and was on my way to Hawk Mountain Road... Tagged it and it was back SOBO... Reached the Pinnacle about 12:30, and now there were prolly 60 to 70 people and A LOT of dogs... On my way back to the Pulpit, I passed another 30 or 40 people heading up, and again, a lot of dogs... On my way down from the Pulpit I passed a very large group of Mennonites(sp) headed up, stepped to the side of the trail, and was greeted by every single man, woman and child... By the time the last one passed, I was outta breath from sayin' "hey" to every one of them :) I finally figured out where every one came from when I was leaving, Reservoir Road had cars parked on both sides ALLTHE WAY to Mountain Road, like a mile away... Lesson learned, with the colors just beginning to get nice, I will only be hiking during the week til mid November, lol... I will try and post some pic's later...
      Pic#1 Still too early for Peak...
      Pic#2 Da' Valley...
      Pic#3 The "Alter"(side note, on my way back thru SOBO I noticed a "Red" blazed trail off to the right, will head down it next time to check it out... That is looking NOBO...)

Images
      • P1000141.JPG

5.12 MB, 3,648×2,736, viewed 307 times
      • P1000142.JPG

5.08 MB, 3,648×2,736, viewed 297 times
      • P1000137.JPG

5.1 MB, 3,648×2,736, viewed 414 times
      1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...

The post was edited 3 times, last by Toli ().