Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Bear in the Back Seat

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bear in the Back Seat

Bear in the Back Seat: Adventures of a Wildlife Ranger in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park

This book is a compilation of stories from Kim DeLozier, a retired, wildlife ranger in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Before modern, wildlife-management practices, rangers had to make it up as they went, resulting in a montage of interesting, hilarious, and sad experiences. The book is suitable for almost anyone and is a great read for people who might be nervous about bears or other wildlife. I was highly entertained.

My friend told me about this book. Her cousin works as an intern in the park and has assisted on several rescues and wildlife relocations. I always like hearing her second-hand stories.

knoxnews.com/news/gosmokies/a-life-with-wildlife
      Lost in the right direction.
    • thanks; just ordered 3.99 on my kindle. 7.99 for those who like to read from a dead tree.

on my thru i talked to a guy in the gsmnp who was in the park as a temporary employee to hunt and kill wild hogs. he had just shot and killed a hog earlier that day and was really excited about it as he thot that would increase his chances of landing a permanent job as a ranger.
      2,000 miler
    • Astro wrote:

I guess I am still more of a dead tree person. Fortunately my wife is a Kindle person, which is good since she reads on average at least 10 books a week (unless she is quilting).

has she checked out kindle unlimited yet? all you can read for $10 a month. it's like a book buffet. i still pay as i go.
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

Astro wrote:

I guess I am still more of a dead tree person. Fortunately my wife is a Kindle person, which is good since she reads on average at least 10 books a week (unless she is quilting).

has she checked out kindle unlimited yet? all you can read for $10 a month. it's like a book buffet. i still pay as i go.

Thanks, I will have to ask her about that. I know in the past libraries have frozen her account because she reading eBooks too fast.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General