Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Gear Sale!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have a few things I am not using and would like to sell:

Sea to Summit 10L Folding Bucket weighs 3.4 oz in the case, 2.5 oz without the case, new these are $30, like new $20.

Thermarest Prolite Plus Small 47"x20"x1-1/2" 15oz $90 new, slightly used $40

Klymit Cush sitpad/pillow 3 oz $15 new, barely used $9

And from JJ's gear Lounge:

(1) Cuben fiber Food Bag all seams taped with Rock Sack in heavy duty 1.4 oz cuben 14-1/2"x18" 38 grams: $35

(1) Clothes Bag .75 oz cuben, 11"x17" all seams taped 18 grams $24

Assorted Ditty Bags:

(1) silnylon 5"x7" 6 grams $7
      (2) cuben 5"x7-1/2" 2.5 grams $9ea
      (1) cuben 5"x7" 2.5 grams $9
      (1) cuben 5"x8" 2.5 grams $9
      (1) cuben 5"x8" 2 grams but no cord as I ran out, I will supply mini toggle $8
      (1) cuben rock sack/wallet 3-1/2"x5" 3 grams $9

I forgot to take a picture of the Klymit Pillow, but you can easily find it on google.

Images
      • 10.11.14 Sale 004.JPG

694.04 kB, 2,000×1,500, viewed 403 times
      • 10.11.14 Sale 005.JPG

651.83 kB, 2,000×1,500, viewed 420 times
      • 10.11.14 Sale 006.JPG

678.76 kB, 2,000×1,500, viewed 413 times
      • 10.11.14 Sale 001.JPG

721.66 kB, 2,000×1,500, viewed 470 times
      • 10.11.14 Sale 003.JPG

803.79 kB, 2,000×1,500, viewed 455 times
      • 10.11.14 Sale 002.JPG

840.14 kB, 2,000×1,500, viewed 526 times
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference

The post was edited 2 times, last by jimmyjam ().

• BirdBrain wrote:

I think I want the clothes bag. Which picture is that?

This one, thats a rock sack next to it. color is sort of a greenish blue, not as green as my food bags, it is .75 oz/sqyd cuben. all seams taped, roll top with velcro and snap buckle.
      Images
      • 10.11.14 Sale 002.JPG

840.14 kB, 2,000×1,500, viewed 387 times
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • Just a little plug for JJ's gear. I have his Sea to Summit water bucket. It is a quality product. I have his wallet. I love it so much, it became my regular wallet for a while after my NH walk. I swapped back to my regular one a short time ago to save on wear and tear. I have his food bag. It works great and saves some grams. I have a couple of his ditty bags. I was using ziplocks. His work better.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.
    • twistwrist wrote:

Ooh, I'm interested in the thermarest sleeping pad and the sit pad!

The sleeping pad is a really good deal. I nearly bought it for my sister. I may be wrong, but this isn't a full length pad. I have the same version in women's specific and my daughters don't like it because it's not full length. It doesn't bother me though. It rolls up smaller, is easier to pack, and you can always put something under your feet.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • Re: Gear Sale!

TrafficJam wrote:

twistwrist wrote:

The sleeping pad is a really good deal. I nearly bought it for my sister. I may be wrong, but this isn't a full length pad. I have the same version in women's specific and my daughters don't like it because it's not full length. It doesn't bother me though. It rolls up smaller, is easier to pack, and you can always put something under your feet.

That's right. It is 47" long. A lot of people put their pack under their feet for the rest. I was using it on top of a 1/4 " blue foam pad.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • I'm going against the advice of asking fewer questions. Questioning everything is how I roll.

So on that note, this one may be dumb. :P

Why do you use a 2nd foam pad along with the thermarest, just for added comfort? Is the thermarest too thin to be comfortable on its own? If using a full body length thermarest, is a 2nd pad still necessary?
      www.appalachiantrailclarity.com - Life on the A.T.

Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.
    • My backpack is a SMD Starlite and you need to use a pad as your pack frame. So a 1/4" blue foam pad cut into 10" wide pieces and then duct taped back together so it folds up like an accordion is my pack frame. So its double purpose for me: frame for my pack and a little extra insulation and cushion under my other pad.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • TrafficJam wrote:

twistwrist wrote:

It's a great deal. As for the shortness -- if using an internal frame pack -- empty the pack completely at night, and use it to extend the sleeping pad at the foot end. Nice way to save a few oz. and a few $$ at the same time.