Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Sleeping bags just tossing some ideas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sleeping bags just tossing some ideas

OK first of I have my bags but I gained a lot of weight since a thyroid operation. On a whim I looked up what was available that was light and reasonably affordable on Amazon. Check out these stupid specs! 3 season -yea summer I know sleep on top if its too warm. Don't get it twisted - no zip its a Quilt not a bag...
      Please watch the video after opening the amazon page left center
      amazon.com/Sierra-Designs-Back…32P&coliid=I1BQEJ2XPHHOER

Manufacturer
      Sierra Designs $259

Weight
      1 lb 8 oz.

Color
      Bossa Nova / Smoked Pearl

Temp Rating º F
      28F

Seasonal Usage
      Summer

Insulation
      800 Fill Duck DriDown

Fill Weight
      11 oz.

Bag Shell Material
      20D Polyester Ripstop

Bag Lining Material
      20D Polyester Taffetta

Bag Length
      6 ft. 6 in.

Bag Stuff Size
      14 in. x 7 in.

Diameter at Chest
      46 in.

Diameter at Hips
      42 in

Diameter at Foot
      40 in.

Oversized Design: Longer and wider than a traditional quilt for increased comfort
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • Looks like a decent deal, I never will figure out the rating:weight relationship on bags. I have a Marmot Helium (850 down) that the specs say weighs 1lb, 8oz, actually weighs 1lb, 10oz, and is rated at 40*, but I doubt it would keep me warm below 50*...it's roughly the same weight as the SD...I believe I paid $194 for it.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Drybones wrote:

Looks like a decent deal, I never will figure out the rating:weight relationship on bags. I have a Marmot Helium (850 down) that the specs say weighs 1lb, 8oz, actually weighs 1lb, 10oz, and is rated at 40*, but I doubt it would keep me warm below 50*...it's roughly the same weight as the SD...I believe I paid $194 for it.

Helium is a decent bag and I didn't quote you at first and that may have been a small mistake
      its a great bag.

I am looking for quilts or near retangular but not mummy and I now realize I titled this wrong...
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup: