Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Hiking the Continental Divide Trail: One Woman's Journey

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hiking the Continental Divide Trail: One Woman's Journey

by Jennifer A. Hanson

Jennifer Hanson is a West Point graduate and an avid outdoorswoman. This story is about her 1997 thru hike of the CDT. She begins the hike with her then-husband, Greg Allen, but completes the last 900 miles alone. Although she writes about hiking solo and women's issues, that isn't the focus of the story. Neither does she focus on the detail of everyday hiking. Instead, she writes about the beautiful landscape, the challenges of finding water, the joy of hiking solo, the people she meets along the way, etc. I loved the book and read it in two days. I was especially amused to read about her first attempts at hiking solo as she also ended up sleeping in her car.

The book was loaned to me by Mountain Mike through Kindle...thanks MM!
      Lost in the right direction.
    • WOOT WOOT for Kindle lending!

Sounds like a good read. I've put a moratorium on buying new books until I whittle down the waiting pile on my Kindle a bit. Of course I didn't let that stop me this past weekend buying books for historians to autograph. Oops...
      Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. - Robert E. Lee