Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Conclusion drawn: I'm entirely too fat and out of shape for this!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trillium wrote:

Yesterday I saw Brittany Runs a Marathon and it was very inspirational so I'm doubling my efforts to work out, walk and hike! (But not run, I have less than zero intention to run, much less a marathon)
      I was planning on seeing this when it came out, but it disappeared before i could make it to the theater. tonight I was going to watch an episode of "the marvelous mrs. maisal" -- gotta finish season 2 before season 3 drops in a couple weeks -- but when i opened the amazon app on roku the headline was that "brittany runs a marathon" was now free on prime. so no mrs. maisal tonight. i ran a few marathons a hundred years ago or so; those days are now past. :(
      2,000 miler
    • Trillium wrote:

So, after our vacation at the cottage where the meals were a bit on the decadent indulgent side, I have given up desserts, drinking my favorite Orange Cappuccino and most products with more than just a tad of sugar. It's been 3 weeks and I'm doing pretty good so far. Yesterday I saw Brittany Runs a Marathon and it was very inspirational so I'm doubling my efforts to work out, walk and hike! (But not run, I have less than zero intention to run, much less a marathon)
      As I was packing last week for our trip to Chicago, I put on the pair of hip hugger jeans that I bought last year at the Harley Davidson store just east of the AT in Pennsylvania. Well, they wouldn't stay up and slowly slid down my hips. The last time I put them on this summer, they were like a sausage casing and I could barely zip them up. So, I'm very pleased to report that my efforts have shown fruit. Kinda ate decadently over the Thanksgiving weekend but I'm back on no sweets until Christmas :)
    • Trillium wrote:

Trillium wrote:

So, after our vacation at the cottage where the meals were a bit on the decadent indulgent side, I have given up desserts, drinking my favorite Orange Cappuccino and most products with more than just a tad of sugar. It's been 3 weeks and I'm doing pretty good so far. Yesterday I saw Brittany Runs a Marathon and it was very inspirational so I'm doubling my efforts to work out, walk and hike! (But not run, I have less than zero intention to run, much less a marathon)
      As I was packing last week for our trip to Chicago, I put on the pair of hip hugger jeans that I bought last year at the Harley Davidson store just east of the AT in Pennsylvania. Well, they wouldn't stay up and slowly slid down my hips. The last time I put them on this summer, they were like a sausage casing and I could barely zip them up. So, I'm very pleased to report that my efforts have shown fruit. Kinda ate decadently over the Thanksgiving weekend but I'm back on no sweets until Christmas :)
      that's great! i've got some pants that are too big to wear -- but unlike in the past when i immediately gave too large pants to goodwill -- this time i'm keepin them a for a little while just in case...
      2,000 miler