Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Gerry Largey Search on "North Woods Law" right now

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gerry Largey Search on "North Woods Law" right now

I watched and came away very impressed with the professionalism and thoroughness of the Maine Game Wardens and SAR and everyone involved in the search. They definitely knew what they were doing. So a great big THANK YOU to all the Maine professionals who do and did such outstanding work in carrying out their duties, as well as in the search for Gerry.

My heart goes out to her family.

This story touched me personally. I was headed south into the area she went missing just as the 1st searches were started. It was hard to enjoy that section considering the possibilities as we walked through that area. So much has been said about this that has no basis in fact. I am not criticizing concerned people. There was just so much misinformation and lack of understanding of the area by well meaning people.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.

This was the first detailed footage I've ever seen of the search area. After reading previous accounts of the search, and seeing this episode, I'm only now really understanding the difficulties and grasping the magnitude of the effort that went into the search.
      This time of year must be very difficult for her loved ones. My prayers for comfort and healing for her family and friends.

rocksNsocks wrote:

shoot, missed it :(

watching a encore version right now thanks...is it season 2 episode 9 by chance?

I don't know. This was the 2nd run of the episode tonight. The first run was at 10 pm. It seems to be alternating with another episode, so you might be able to catch it if they repeat it a 3rd time tonight, possibly at 2 am?
      It's a really well done piece of reporting. I hope you get to see it.

TrainWreck wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

shoot, missed it :(

watching a encore version right now thanks...is it season 2 episode 9 by chance?

I don't know. This was the 2nd run of the episode tonight. The first run was at 10 pm. It seems to be alternating with another episode, so you might be able to catch it if they repeat it a 3rd time tonight, possibly at 2 am?
      It's a really well done piece of reporting. I hope you get to see it.
      Thanks Train Wreck, will do, if not I'm sure it'll be on again. thanks again.

Trillium wrote:

I watched and came away very impressed with the professionalism and thoroughness of the Maine Game Wardens and SAR and everyone involved in the search. They definitely knew what they were doing. So a great big THANK YOU to all the Maine professionals who do and did such outstanding work in carrying out their duties, as well as in the search for Gerry.

I hope one day soon the family and friends find closure.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.

milkman wrote:

Trillium wrote:

I hope one day soon the family and friends find closure.
      Me too, just a shame to not know.

So I stayed up way to late, and got up way to early, watched three episodes of North Woods, but none were the show mentioned...I'm thinking I can catch it next time the show airs, and should I, I'll post it's start time here...that's a real good show, I'm hooked.

rocksNsocks wrote:

So I stayed up way to late, and got up way to early, watched three episodes of North Woods, but none were the show mentioned...I'm thinking I can catch it next time the show airs, and should I, I'll post it's start time here...that's a real good show, I'm hooked.

looks like next thursday 12/19 at 8pm.

that was the first time for me and i'm gonna watch north woods law again.
      2,000 miler

max.patch wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Book marked

thanks!

TrainWreck wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

foul play

I hate to think about that possibility. I continue to hope they will solve the mystery surrounding her disappearance - whatever the reason, for her family's sake. The not knowing has to add a whole other level of pain to their loss.

I too really hope it isn't so. Can't help but think otherwise after watching the special.

max.patch wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Yep, Shellie looked it up too and set the auto tune. If I can remember I'll give a shout before it comes on.

max.patch wrote:

rocksNsocks wrote:

Me, too. I watched 3 different episodes last night and enjoyed them. Watched the one on Gerry at both 10pm and midnight then watched 2 more after that.

rocksNsocks wrote:

milkman wrote:

This is the third time I've seen this and I'm really thinking you're right.

agree, finally caught the show the other night in the wee hours, good show. kept thinkin about the fire road before spalding shelter...

It looks like them guys have combed every square inch possible in those woods.