Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Beer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

max.patch wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

here ya go. Seen at the Kennasaw, Ga Total Wine...I didn't buy any. :D

thats 3 of us on this site that have been at that particular liquor store. were you visiting rei?

I go there about every six weeks to stock up, great selection and nice people.

you mean Total Wine in general or that particular store?...that would be freaky.

Make that four of us.

thats a quorum if we all come at the same time.
      2,000 miler
    • Story time - many years ago myself and two other guys went to the state training facility in Forsyth Ga for a week long training class. Since there were three of us one had to sit in the back seat behind the partition. As we were heading back north on Friday (at rather high speed) the prankster in the back seat decided it would be funny to put one handcuff on and hold his hand up to the window with his finger to his mouth as if saying Shhhh. We passed by a old lady who saw what he was doing and thought the two guys in the front seat were in imminent danger from the psycho in the back seat. She pulled off the next exit and called 911. With the time delay and the speed we were going we were probably two counties away and the old lady had no idea who were worked for. A state wide broadcast went out before a Trooper in Atlanta saw us pass by with someone in the backseat and put two and two together. Me and the other guy didn't get in trouble because we had no idea what the other had done. He lost his job, and nearly got his ass beat. At least he has a good story to tell....
      RIAP
    • TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

max.patch wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

thats 3 of us on this site that have been at that particular liquor store. were you visiting rei?

you mean Total Wine in general or that particular store?...that would be freaky.

That particular store, discovered it when I went to REI, no longer shop at REI but still visit Total Wine.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • TrainWreck wrote:

Trebor wrote:

As long as I'm in one of the front seats I'm happy.....

Good...but the siren is broken so you need to lean out your window and go woooooop! wooooop! wooooop! all the way

Reminded me of my favorite tv commercial...the little pig that cried wee, wee, all the way home...some insurance ad, remember the ad but not the company.
    • Drybones wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

max.patch wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

That particular store, discovered it when I went to REI, no longer shop at REI but still visit Total Wine.

It was a random stop off the interstate. I recognized "Kennasaw" from MP's avatar.
      In life there are no limitations. Except stupidity. If you're stupid, you're screwed.

Stephan Pastis
    • Trebor wrote:

Story time - many years ago myself and two other guys went to the state training facility in Forsyth Ga for a week long training class. Since there were three of us one had to sit in the back seat behind the partition. As we were heading back north on Friday (at rather high speed) the prankster in the back seat decided it would be funny to put one handcuff on and hold his hand up to the window with his finger to his mouth as if saying Shhhh. We passed by a old lady who saw what he was doing and thought the two guys in the front seat were in imminent danger from the psycho in the back seat. She pulled off the next exit and called 911. With the time delay and the speed we were going we were probably two counties away and the old lady had no idea who were worked for. A state wide broadcast went out before a Trooper in Atlanta saw us pass by with someone in the backseat and put two and two together. Me and the other guy didn't get in trouble because we had no idea what the other had done. He lost his job, and nearly got his ass beat. At least he has a good story to tell....

Too funny! If y'all had tasered him, it would have made the perfect ending!
    • Trebor wrote:

Story time - many years ago myself and two other guys went to the state training facility in Forsyth Ga for a week long training class. Since there were three of us one had to sit in the back seat behind the partition. As we were heading back north on Friday (at rather high speed) the prankster in the back seat decided it would be funny to put one handcuff on and hold his hand up to the window with his finger to his mouth as if saying Shhhh. We passed by a old lady who saw what he was doing and thought the two guys in the front seat were in imminent danger from the psycho in the back seat. She pulled off the next exit and called 911. With the time delay and the speed we were going we were probably two counties away and the old lady had no idea who were worked for. A state wide broadcast went out before a Trooper in Atlanta saw us pass by with someone in the backseat and put two and two together. Me and the other guy didn't get in trouble because we had no idea what the other had done. He lost his job, and nearly got his ass beat. At least he has a good story to tell....

Funny story except for the guy in the backseat.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

max.patch wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Make that four of us.

Make that 5 of us... Went there many times when I lived in Dahlonega :D ...
      1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish...
    • Toli wrote:

Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

max.patch wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Make that four of us.

We now have enough for a party...let's go make a purchase and sit on a hill side and watch the sun set, or rise, whichever.
    • Drybones wrote:

Toli wrote:

Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

max.patch wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Make that four of us.

We now have enough for a party...let's go make a purchase and sit on a hill side and watch the sun set, or rise, whichever.

the store is only a couple miles from kennesaw mountain national park and then a mile or so hike up to the summit.

i have more miles in that park than i do on the a.t.
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

Drybones wrote:

Toli wrote:

Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

max.patch wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Make that four of us.

the store is only a couple miles from kennesaw mountain national park and then a mile or so hike up to the summit.

Suds blazing is the lowest form of hiking there is :P
    • max.patch wrote:

Drybones wrote:

Toli wrote:

Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

max.patch wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Make that four of us.

So...when are we going to play pass the bottle on the mountain?
    • max.patch wrote:

Drybones wrote:

Toli wrote:

Trebor wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Drybones wrote:

max.patch wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

Make that four of us.

Now that is really saying something!
    • TrainWreck wrote:

I'd be up for it one weekend, it's a couple hours drive for me from the southern NC mountains. l like historic battlegrounds. And wine.
      Win/win. Or Wine/wine.

My step daughter was reading off a list of Battlefields she wanted to visit if we go south to hike.

I reminded her of the ones that she has seen at her tender young age, and how wonderful it will be to visit more in her maturity!
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:
    • CoachLou wrote:

I also had to remind her that Vicksburg was not on the AT.

On her college visit trip that weekend, she went to Mary Washington(Fredricksburg), and Liberty(Appomatox).

The next subject in her 'Honors' history class is 'The Civil War Era' and she has all sorts of BFF now!

I used to run through the Vicksburg battlefield park on week ends, nice hills there, lots of history, there's a nice restaurant on the bluff, an old antebellum home converted, still has a cannon ball in a wall and one in the floor which is covered with plexiglass so you can walk on over it.
    • Drybones wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

On her college visit trip that weekend, she went to Mary Washington(Fredricksburg), and Liberty(Appomatox).

The next subject in her 'Honors' history class is 'The Civil War Era' and she has all sorts of BFF now!

I used to run through the Vicksburg battlefield park on week ends, nice hills there, lots of history, there's a nice restaurant on the bluff, an old antebellum home converted, still has a cannon ball in a wall and one in the floor which is covered with plexiglass so you can walk on over it.

Yea, thank you.....but is it near the approach trail to Springer? :D
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:
    • CoachLou wrote:

Drybones wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

Yea, thank you.....but is it near the approach trail to Springer? :D

just take the I-20 blueblaze and you'll be there before you know it.

2,000 miler

The post was edited 1 time, last by max.patch ().

• CoachLou wrote:

Coach let me know if yall get to town to check out William & Mary.

We can even put together tours of the Peninsular and Seven Days Campaigns, or the Peterburg Campaign
      Of course I talk to myself... sometimes I need expert advice.
    • CoachLou wrote:

Drybones wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

When I took my sons to Vicksburg a few years ago my youngest son said we need to come back here it snows and go sledding. I don't know that they would have appreciated us doing that.