Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Beer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• IMScotty wrote:

OMO,
      I highly recommend 'Back Woods Bastard', which is basically a bourbon barrel aged 'Dirty Bastard'. Excellent beer, highly sought after.

People either love or hate the 'Devil Dancer', there seems to be no in between. Somehow the hops they use give it an 'oniony' flavor that some people hate. I like to age my Deil Dancer for several years, it gains more of a Barleywine flavor.

Other recommendations for Founders... their KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) and CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout). Both very hard to get. Look for the KBS on 'Black Friday.'
      I will try the BWB. I think they have that at the tap room this week. Maybe I'll taste DD. If you're nice to the bartender, they will give you samples (just be sure to actually buy something and tip well). I tried KBS at The Electric Cheetah once (a restaurant in town). Since it's a local beer for me, we can sometimes get it on tap outside the brewery. KBS has become sort of a cult beer so there is always a rush on it in the spring when it comes out. I didn't like it that much, but I'm not such a fan of really big beers. I suppose that means I may not like DD either. But the BWB sounds good. Barrel aged beers have been very trendy for several years. Now people are getting into sour beers (Founders has Green Zerbra). I'm not a huge fan of those either. From a brewers perspective it's harder to make a really good beer with fewer ingredients. I'm still looking for a good Mild. That style is almost impossible to find. The Tripple Crown Brown from The Mitten Brewery (near NW side) is one that I can get locally.
    • max.patch wrote:

where's LW -- we need him to balance out this discussion as he discusses the merits of bud light.
      WRT my last post, lighter beers are much harder to produce big beers with lots of hops/malt/yeast/kitchen sink/etc... For this reason some of the best brewers in the world work for AB. Few if any brewers from microbreweries would be able to reliably make a Bud Light kind of beer. Of course if any of them would want to either. Ironically it takes great skill to make beer that crappy.
    • odd man out wrote:

max.patch wrote:

where's LW -- we need him to balance out this discussion as he discusses the merits of bud light.
      WRT my last post, lighter beers are much harder to produce big beers with lots of hops/malt/yeast/kitchen sink/etc... For this reason some of the best brewers in the world work for AB. Few if any brewers from microbreweries would be able to reliably make a Bud Light kind of beer. Of course if any of them would want to either. Ironically it takes great skill to make beer that crappy.
      well...i certainly didn't know that!
      2,000 miler
    • odd man out wrote:

max.patch wrote:

Cof124
    • One of my buddy’s had to memorize this to get into his frat, along with a bunch of other stupid Shyte.

"This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age. Our exclusive Beechwood Aging produces a taste, a smoothness and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price."
    • uncle meat wrote:

One of my buddy’s had to memorize this to get into his frat, along with a bunch of other stupid Shyte.

"This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age. Our exclusive Beechwood Aging produces a taste, a smoothness and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price."
      i can't repeat here the stuff we memorized to get into the frat. lol
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

uncle meat wrote:

One of my buddy’s had to memorize this to get into his frat, along with a bunch of other stupid Shyte.

here lemme help ya, did it go like this?

“Take Yo panies off” :D
    • uncle meat wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

uncle meat wrote:

here lemme help ya, did it go like this?
      “Take Yo panies off” :D
      no. It was "Eat, lick......XXX
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • uncle meat wrote:

I was in a music fraternity. We had kegger parties where we would play a recording of the entire Messiah by Handel. Then at midnight we would play the house recording of Mud Shark by Frank Zappa.
    • odd man out wrote:

uncle meat wrote:

I was in a music fraternity. We had kegger parties where we would play a recording of the entire Messiah by Handel. Then at midnight we would play the house recording of Mud Shark by Frank Zappa.
      Wow! Just listen to that the other day.
    • jimmyjam wrote:

uncle meat wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

uncle meat wrote:

here lemme help ya, did it go like this?“Take Yo panies off” :D
      no. It was "Eat, lick......XXX
      I shoulda went ta college! :thumbsup:
    • uncle meat wrote:

odd man out wrote:

uncle meat wrote:

zappa or handel?
    • odd man out wrote:

uncle meat wrote:

odd man out wrote:

uncle meat wrote:

zappa or handel?
      Zappa
    • uncle meat wrote:

odd man out wrote:

uncle meat wrote:

odd man out wrote:

uncle meat wrote:

zappa or handel?
      Zappa
      I am not a betting man, but I would have felt pretty safe wagering on that one. :D
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General