Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Beer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I should have taken pictures of all the DB construction, oh well guess I have to go back. The beer was a Gold Leaf Lager and it was excellent as was the BBQ. Quite a few hikers at Rockfish gap and Reid's gap. Beautiful day for a drive on the parkway.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • Trying some new stuff that they recommended to me at the hobby shop...

Nummy Nummy
      Stubborn Beauty Brewing Co.
      Middletown, CT
      Imperial Style IPA - Unfiltered
      8.0%

Excellent, though a buddy does a homebrew that is almost identical.

I'm in Love with the Simcoe
      Connecticut Valley Brewing Co.
      New England Style IPA
      6%
      Mellow for an IPA, but I rather like it.
      >>>Advertise here! Affordable rates and no long term contracts. Send a PM for more details!<<<
    • Much to my disappointment, there were very few dark beers at the fest yesterday. It's probably a good thing as they are more filling which means less sampling. A local brewer, Underbite, had a great porter.

There was a lot of sour beer, all of which I didn't like. I tried key lime (yuck) and some others I can't remember. Tried a few pumpkin, including one I've had before and thought was decent (DB Pumpkin Hunter) but none of them impressed me.

I continue to develop a taste for IPA.

One of my favorite beers was Lunatic Blonde, a Belgian pale ale, by Wicked Weed in Asheville. As well as loving the name, it was pretty tasty.
      In life there are no limitations. Except stupidity. If you're stupid, you're screwed.

Stephan Pastis
    • Got introduced you Neuse River brewery recently and wound up putting two on tap at the restaurant. The La Fluer Saison and a Triple Rye Trappist style that is amazing. It really is one of the worst parts of my job. Beer is pushed on me weekly to taste.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123