Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

That's a Lotta Base Layers!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• All male neighborhood youths worked for the Chicken Man. Rode the truck for hours into farms all over New England. Herded and then loaded hundreds and hundreds of chickens. In western Maine they had huge coops of caged birds. We would stay over and load for 2 days. The Chicken Man had 3 daughters. They worked in the store. I, for some reason was allowed to date the middle one.
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:
    • Astro wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

We had chickens when we lived in Texas, mostly for the eggs. Occasionally, we would crack open an egg that had been left under a hen for too long...it wasn't an egg anymore. <X

Once, my dad decided to get some chickens to raise and eat. It's true that chickens run around with their heads chopped off. After that, my little sister refused to eat chicken unless it was store bought.

You should see the damage they can do to a cloths line with white sheets on it.

Needless to say, my mother had us back to wringing their necks after that.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

Astro wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

We had chickens when we lived in Texas, mostly for the eggs. Occasionally, we would crack open an egg that had been left under a hen for too long...it wasn't an egg anymore. <X

Once, my dad decided to get some chickens to raise and eat. It's true that chickens run around with their heads chopped off. After that, my little sister refused to eat chicken unless it was store bought.

You should see the damage they can do to a cloths line with white sheets on it.

Needless to say, my mother had us back to wringing their necks after that.

My dad attempted to wring their necks first but he wasn't successful...much to the horror of four young girls.
      Lost in the right direction.