Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Daypack

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

I use an old REI day pack that isn't made anymore. Every once in a while I look at replacements becasue it isn't going to last forever. I like it becasue it has 2 water bottle pockets on the sides, and another small storage pocket on the back, so you don't need to dig thru the body of the pack to get to them. I also like that they totally zip shut -- nothing will ever fall out of em.
      2,000 miler
    • New

For day hikes I use any old thing. Usually grab one of the kids old school backpacks. (Those decade old mozzarella sticks I find in some hidden crevice can come in handy :) )

Once I grabbed a mini bag from when they were really little. The straps were too small to wear as a backpack so I just slung it over one shoulder and walked on. It's all good.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • New

max.patch wrote:

I use an old REI day pack that isn't made anymore. Every once in a while I look at replacements becasue it isn't going to last forever. I like it becasue it has 2 water bottle pockets on the sides, and another small storage pocket on the back, so you don't need to dig thru the body of the pack to get to them. I also like that they totally zip shut -- nothing will ever fall out of em.
      I have a Rei Traverse that I use. It sounds just like yours max.
      Images
      • image.jpeg

279.63 kB, 799×600, viewed 3 times
    • New

Dmax wrote:

max.patch wrote:

I have a Rei Traverse that I use. It sounds just like yours max.
      It's very similar -- but my side water bottle pockets are taller and also have a zipper that totally closes it -- nothing will ever fall out of it.
      2,000 miler