Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Osprey Syncro 15

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rasty,
      Thanks, I will look into that. Also just noticed that there was a Pack Category under Gear that I should have put this under. I know you are on vacation, but when you get a chance could you please move it one level lower to where it really belongs.

Thanks!
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • So it appears to be a tradeoff of ventilation and a rain cover against $ and weight savings.

Currently leaning towards the Go Lite now since I probably would not plan to do a day hike in the rain, and I am used to the lack of ventilation with my ULA Catalyst.
    • Have you ever used the whistle?

I am thinking of going with the 20 since only 2 ounces more than the 14 (21 v 19 oz) and still significantly lower than the Osprey 15L (27 oz). Thinking if in the summer if I wanted I cold squeeze my tent on the outside and put my NeoAir on the inside and be able to even get an overnight trip out it. Of course no stove or sleeping bag.

Yeah and like you did today, probably useful on family vacations. At least I do not have to carry children on my shoulders anymore. With four children I did that for over 10 years. I guess I should have considered it good training for backpacking. ;)
    • I have only used the whistle to annoy my kids in public so far. This it's what I can fit in this pack.

2 one litter smartwater bottles
      Microspikes
      Down jacket
      Rain jacket
      Rain pants
      Over mitts
      Liner gloves
      Hat
      Balaclava
      Small first aid kit
      Compass
      Map
      Lunch
      Extra socks
      Sunglasses
      Winter gaiters strapped to the outside

This is what I packed on Mt. Washington last May
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123