Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

whats the weather where you are?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• odd man out wrote:

chief wrote:

i don't get it, it's in the 70s daily and the leaves are falling like it was october. wonder if my neighbors would be pissed if i had my oaks processed into firewood?
      You know spring is coming when the oaks drop their leaves. They tend to keep their leaves until the buds start to grow in the spring and knock them off.
      yeah, forgot about that. i lived in a condo for years where there were no oaks. i bought my new house partly because of the beautiful old oak trees, now i gotta pay someone to haul off the leaves again. crap!
    • New

chief wrote:

odd man out wrote:

chief wrote:

i don't get it, it's in the 70s daily and the leaves are falling like it was october. wonder if my neighbors would be pissed if i had my oaks processed into firewood?
      You know spring is coming when the oaks drop their leaves. They tend to keep their leaves until the buds start to grow in the spring and knock them off.
      yeah, forgot about that. i lived in a condo for years where there were no oaks. i bought my new house partly because of the beautiful old oak trees, now i gotta pay someone to haul off the leaves again. crap!
      Just mow the leaves. Good for the soil.
    • New

odd man out wrote:

chief wrote:

odd man out wrote:

chief wrote:

mow? now listen here, i may occasionally bitch about it, but when i bought the house i budgeted for yard work. ain't my thang! i don't even own a rake much less a mower.
    • New

chief wrote:

odd man out wrote:

chief wrote:

odd man out wrote:

chief wrote:

mow? now listen here, i may occasionally bitch about it, but when i bought the house i budgeted for yard work. ain't my thang! i don't even own a rake much less a mower.
      I'm getting close to that point too. I Think I'm the only person on my street who does not have a riding lawnmower. I figure I need the exercise. I tried for years to convince my wife that dandelions are beautiful wildflowers. Since that didn't work I now pay someone to spray and fertilize the yard twice a year. A few years ago I broke down and bought a snowblower. I just got too old to shovel snow. Next I have to decide what to do with the garden. Mostly I spend a lot of time, money, and effort growing food for the rabbits.
    • New

odd man out wrote:

chief wrote:

odd man out wrote:

chief wrote:

odd man out wrote:

chief wrote:

I'm getting close to that point too. I Think I'm the only person on my street who does not have a riding lawnmower. I figure I need the exercise. I tried for years to convince my wife that dandelions are beautiful wildflowers. Since that didn't work I now pay someone to spray and fertilize the yard twice a year. A few years ago I broke down and bought a snowblower. I just got too old to shovel snow. Next I have to decide what to do with the garden. Mostly I spend a lot of time, money, and effort growing food for the rabbits.
      in all honesty, my aversion to yard work is medically related. my lungs can't handle fresh cut grass/leaves. 40 years of smoking will no doubt kill me eventually, but at least i don't have to do yard work. i'm beginning my 5th year without smoking, woot woot!