Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

whats the weather where you are?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

StalkingTortoise wrote:

Central PA forecast: Snow & Sleet this morning, changing to freezing rain by mid afternoon followed by rain .

Looks like I'm going to take the laptop home at lunchtime and work from the safety of my couch.
      I brought my laptop and plenty of work home with me last night, must have been why the roads were OK this morning. :)
      Now if I hadn't prepared for a snow day, who knows how bad it might have been. :rolleyes:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • New

It's SUNNY!

In west Michigan, November is the cloudiest month of the year. This year has been worse than normal. In the first 13 days of November we had 3% of available sunshine. That works out to about 4 hours of sun for the whole month through last night. We've already had 6 hours of sunshine just today.
    • New

Well that didn't last long. When I got up this AM, my house was on the north edge of the big storm moving up the east coast. There was a line of clouds right overhead. South of the line it was cloudy all the way to the horizon (and according to the satellite image, all the way to Mexico). To the north of the line, completely clear all the way to the horizon. The line shifted north enough to give us some snow, but nothing like you guys out east.
    • New

Astro wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

Central PA forecast: Snow & Sleet this morning, changing to freezing rain by mid afternoon followed by rain .

Looks like I'm going to take the laptop home at lunchtime and work from the safety of my couch.
      I brought my laptop and plenty of work home with me last night, must have been why the roads were OK this morning. :) Now if I hadn't prepared for a snow day, who knows how bad it might have been. :rolleyes:
      Our 1 - 3" turned into 8". The heavy snow kept the temps below freezing, so the forecasted rain didn't materialize and remained as snowfall.

My wife's 12-mile commute home from work took 3.5 hours. I was on the phone guiding her onto every back road that wasn't showing red on the traffic maps. At one point, I told her to turn left into a dead-end access road for a hotel and several restaurants. When she asked "Why?", I told her she wasn't going anywhere due to stopped traffic and she might as well have a hot meal. She thanked me when she eventually got home. :saint:
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Winding Stair Gap NC, Max Patch to Franconia Notch NH and the Gale River Trail to Crawford Notch NH.
    • New

StalkingTortoise wrote:

Astro wrote:

StalkingTortoise wrote:

I brought my laptop and plenty of work home with me last night, must have been why the roads were OK this morning. :) Now if I hadn't prepared for a snow day, who knows how bad it might have been. :rolleyes:
      Our 1 - 3" turned into 8". The heavy snow kept the temps below freezing, so the forecasted rain didn't materialize and remained as snowfall.
      My wife's 12-mile commute home from work took 3.5 hours. I was on the phone guiding her onto every back road that wasn't showing red on the traffic maps. At one point, I told her to turn left into a dead-end access road for a hotel and several restaurants. When she asked "Why?", I told her she wasn't going anywhere due to stopped traffic and she might as well have a hot meal. She thanked me when she eventually got home. :saint:
      You are a good husband! :thumbup:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General