Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

I've got a lot on my mind and you're really starting to stress me out!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I've got a lot on my mind and you're really starting to stress me out!

I hope Jesus has a sense of humor. If it was not for him, I wouldn't be here.

I won't be in NC smelling the roses this summer. On top of the Cancer, I've developed Walking Pneumonia and I won't be recovered until the 1st day of work, Aug 11th.

Smell some roses for me. We are hoping/planning on being on or near Luray/Shennies for leaf changing this Fall. I wish I knew the exact date so I could make reservations at Luray Caverns Motel (One of the nicest places you'll ever stay with a view of Hawksbill out your window/backdoor).Anybody know any free places to camp near the trail? Maybe HM will let me stay on her property if I give cookies to hikers :saint: . I've seen the leaves change in the Nanties, but my wife insists we have to see the Shennies from the parkway. Peace out.
    • WiseOldOwl wrote:

Walking Pneumonia? take it very serious and I hope you are doing your best... get well!

+1 on this. Be careful with this stuff GB. I got pneumonia 3 times out in Montana with the last time requiring surgery and the removal of part of one lung. Very serious stuff. Prayers and well wishes sent your way. God Bless.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.
    • ++1 on doing exactly what the doc says for the walking pneumonia. I had regular pneumonia once and didn't do what doc said and got a LOT worse and fast! When I then had the walking type, I didn't even think I was that sick. But I did exactly what he said (sleep, sleep, eat, drink lots, take all the drugs, sleep, drink, sleep.....did I mention sleep?). I got 50 percent better in just a few days and within 10 was back to maybe 80 percent and was cleared for work.
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • Sorry to hear of your situation. Glad to hear you have a trip planned in the fall. Enjoy!

Did they give you IM antibiotics? Which breathing treatment medicine are you on? I can't even begin to count how many times my daughter got pneumonia with her disorder. The biggest help was the injections that I gave her at home. ...

Wishing you a very speedy recovery Grayblazer!
    • It appears that our friend Gray Blazer has gone silent. I like to think that he has finally found Big Foot and that the two of them are enjoying some cold ones in a cave someplace.

You might want to ask Grinder if he knows anything. I believe they met at a meet-up once.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • IMScotty wrote:

It appears that our friend Gray Blazer has gone silent. I like to think that he has finally found Big Foot and that the two of them are enjoying some cold ones in a cave someplace.

You might want to ask Grinder if he knows anything. I believe they met at a meet-up once.
      Nope, not a clue. Only person I've met from here is Rasty. One time randomly my first time ever out on trail, and another when he graciously agreed to hike at about 1/8 speed to lag back with me in Uwharrie.
      Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. - Robert E. Lee
    • Grinder wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

It appears that our friend Gray Blazer has gone silent. I like to think that he has finally found Big Foot and that the two of them are enjoying some cold ones in a cave someplace.

Nope, not a clue. Only person I've met from here is Rasty. One time randomly my first time ever out on trail, and another when he graciously agreed to hike at about 1/8 speed to lag back with me in Uwharrie.
      Give your self some credit. I was only going 1/7th Speed! gif.013.gif
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Grinder wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

Sorry Grinder, GrayBlazer had a Florida Trail meet up some years ago and a WB 'Grinder' attended. I thought perhaps you were one in the same.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • IMScotty wrote:

Grinder wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

Sorry Grinder, GrayBlazer had a Florida Trail meet up some years ago and a WB 'Grinder' attended. I thought perhaps you were one in the same.
      GADS! There's another person out there with the same name? i knew I should've copyrighted it. Damn it.
      Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. - Robert E. Lee
    • Grinder wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

Grinder wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

GADS! There's another person out there with the same name? i knew I should've copyrighted it. Damn it.
      ah tikcuf :thumbup:
    • Grinder wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

Grinder wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

& all this time I thought you were the real Grinder! :/
    • Mountain-Mike wrote:

Grinder wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

Grinder wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

I'm definitely real. As often as I touch myself I should...uhhh....errrrrrr....NEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER MIND!
    • Grinder wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Grinder wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

Grinder wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

I'm definitely real. As often as I touch myself I should...uhhh....errrrrrr....NEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER MIND!
      You need a partner named bumper.
    • WanderingStovie wrote:

Grinder wrote:

Mountain-Mike wrote:

Grinder wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

Grinder wrote:

IMScotty wrote:

You need a partner named bumper.
      get a goat...you could even make cheese!