Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Understanding your joints...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BirdBrain wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

I take glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, turmeric, fish oil, and a pile of vitamin I when hiking. Perhaps I need to add gelatin.

I refuse to go under the knife just yet. It was suggested back in 1980. I think I made the right decision. Some day I will have my meniscus issues fixed. Right now I have too much walking I want to do. The ability to see great things on foot far outweigh the pain I endure.

BB, I'm just curious...do you do any strength training.?

I should. I do not. I subscribe to the Isaac Newton school of medicine. An object that is that is in motion tends to stay in motion. The only exercise that I enjoy is running. I did that again this year. I have a very low impact gait. Even so, my knees cannot handle it. Therefore, my exercise consists of work and walking. That is not a good answer. Quite frankly it is a stupid answer. I should strength train. I am not going to though.

TJ, you might be proud of me. I am doing this now.

health.howstuffworks.com/welln…medies-for-knee-pain2.htm

That's great! You motivated me to get back to strength training, BB. :)
      Lost in the right direction.
    • TrafficJam wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

TrafficJam wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

I take glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, turmeric, fish oil, and a pile of vitamin I when hiking. Perhaps I need to add gelatin.

I refuse to go under the knife just yet. It was suggested back in 1980. I think I made the right decision. Some day I will have my meniscus issues fixed. Right now I have too much walking I want to do. The ability to see great things on foot far outweigh the pain I endure.

BB, I'm just curious...do you do any strength training.?

I should. I do not. I subscribe to the Isaac Newton school of medicine. An object that is that is in motion tends to stay in motion. The only exercise that I enjoy is running. I did that again this year. I have a very low impact gait. Even so, my knees cannot handle it. Therefore, my exercise consists of work and walking. That is not a good answer. Quite frankly it is a stupid answer. I should strength train. I am not going to though.

TJ, you might be proud of me. I am doing this now.

health.howstuffworks.com/welln…medies-for-knee-pain2.htm

That's great! You motivated me to get back to strength training, BB. :)

I like the ones listed on the site attached, but I am open to suggestion. I know lunges and squats are good as well.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.