Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Whiskey Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• jimmyjam wrote:

Traffic Jam wrote:

Tried Benromach single malt Scotch whiskey.

Blech, tastes like glue.
      That's because it's Scotch. I've yet to try one that I like, that's why I stick to good old Kentucky or Tennessee whiskey
      yes...but a friend shared her very old, very expensive scotch when we were watching the sunset on Mt Le
      Conte and it was amazing, so I know that some scotch isn’t terrible! :)
      In life there are no limitations. Except stupidity. If you're stupid, you're screwed.

Stephan Pastis
    • Traffic Jam wrote:

odd man out wrote:

Yesterday I got a bottle of Wilderness Trail Single Barrel Bourbon as a gift from my son in law (born and raised in KY). Having some tonight in an Old Fashioned. I'm do expert. I thought it tasted a little camely. Since it's called Wilderness Trail, can I also post this in the I Went for a Walk Today thread?. Maybe I'll get some Wild Turkey and post it in the Wildlife Sightings thread.
      Hmmmm....I’ve never tasted a camel. :)
      oops, that's carmely. Now there is a drink popular in Turkmenistan called chall made from fermented camel's milk, but I don't suppose that qualifies as whiskey.
    • New

A few new items I picked up last trip to TW&S....I made an earlier comment about the Glenfettich not being that good...I retract that, first glass I put ice in it, mistake, drank straight it is nice. The cocnac was outstanding!...TJ you must try and reeiw, I believe you will like it, it's now my favorite pairing with a cigar. I heard a guy ask a worker where the jalapeno tequila was, that caught my ear and I chased after them expecting a pepper instead of a worm in the bottle, was not so, just flavoring so I did not try, but the guy looking for it highly recommended this as a sipping tequila, verdict is still out on it for me but at this point I'd say it's no better than, if as good, as Jose Cuervo...it does have a cork if that means anything.
      Images
      • 001.jpg

152.97 kB, 800×450, viewed 15 times
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • New

Traffic Jam wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Traffic Jam wrote:

Tried Benromach single malt Scotch whiskey.

Blech, tastes like glue.
      That's because it's Scotch. I've yet to try one that I like, that's why I stick to good old Kentucky or Tennessee whiskey
      yes...but a friend shared her very old, very expensive scotch when we were watching the sunset on Mt LeConte and it was amazing, so I know that some scotch isn’t terrible! :)
      Swamp water would taste great with that view.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.