Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

the football thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• max.patch wrote:

way to go michigan state!!

i have an annoying ex brother in law who thinks that michigan football is greatest thing since sliced bread. so i love it when someone can shut him up. now lets hope ohio state does the same later in the year.
      my wife graduated from UofM. Me from MSU (both grad schools), but were hardly die hard fans. Did like see Spartans win, but it seemed in this case, the team that suck least was going to win.
    • max.patch wrote:

uncle meat wrote:

Packers vs Cowboys...whut a game!
      great game.
      i always root against the team that has the biggest a-hole -- and as long as america's team keeps playing that woman beater i hope they lose em all.

the giant's game was pretty good too.
      I assume he was competing against Aaron Rodgers.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • uncle meat wrote:

Rasty wrote:

I wonder what the loss of 25% of the NFL's viewers will do? I'm at less the 10 minutes of watching football every decade myself so they didn't loose me.
      Apparently a lot, jerry Jones sez he's gonna fire kneelers. They didn't televise yesterday's anthem, at least not in my area.
      i noticed that too. i think the networks have decided that showing what is going on is gonna hurt ratings even more.
      2,000 miler
    • what bothers me about sports -- is when a-holes like odell score a touchdown -- and they feel the need to "celebrate" by pretending to take a piss like a dog in the end zone. that schitt turns me off more than anything. how can you root for someone like that? screw em.
      2,000 miler
    • some of the kennesaw state cheerleaders took a knee during the anthem at the last game a couple weeks ago. on saturday -- they weren't allowed on the field until the anthem was over. kennesaw state says that was a coincidence -- they just decided to change up the way they do pre game stuff -- but everyone knows better.

2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

what bothers me about sports -- is when a-holes like odell score a touchdown -- and they feel the need to "celebrate" by pretending to take a piss like a dog in the end zone. that schitt turns me off more than anything. how can you root for someone like that? screw em.
      Couldn't agree more, you're being paid millions to score, ya scored, set down clown. I remember there was a player for the Houston Oilers that would do a little wobbly leg dance, Billy "white shoe Johnson" won't say what my Pop used to call em. :D
    • max.patch wrote:

some of the kennesaw state cheerleaders took a knee during the anthem at the last game a couple weeks ago. on saturday -- they weren't allowed on the field until the anthem was over. kennesaw state says that was a coincidence -- they just decided to change up the way they do pre game stuff -- but everyone knows better.

• a picture sez a thousand words
    • max.patch wrote:

what bothers me about sports -- is when a-holes like odell score a touchdown -- and they feel the need to "celebrate" by pretending to take a piss like a dog in the end zone. that schitt turns me off more than anything. how can you root for someone like that? screw em.
      Well, you won't have to root for Odell anymore this year. And maybe never again. He broke his ankle yesterday. Here's the video...it's bad, very bad...

• uncle meat wrote:

max.patch wrote:

some of the kennesaw state cheerleaders took a knee during the anthem at the last game a couple weeks ago. on saturday -- they weren't allowed on the field until the anthem was over. kennesaw state says that was a coincidence -- they just decided to change up the way they do pre game stuff -- but everyone knows better.

I guess I am illiterate. What does this picture say?
    • ScareBear wrote:

uncle meat wrote:

max.patch wrote:

I guess I am illiterate. What does this picture say?
    • uncle meat wrote:

max.patch wrote:

Couldn't agree more, you're being paid millions to score, ya scored, set down clown. I remember there was a player for the Houston Oilers that would do a little wobbly leg dance, Billy "white shoe Johnson" won't say what my Pop used to call em. :D
      i like what herschel walker used to do. he said when you make it to the endzone you should act like you've been there before. he'd look for a ref and underhand toss him the ball.
      2,000 miler
    • uncle meat wrote:

max.patch wrote:

I was taught to act like you had been there before.
    • max.patch wrote:

uncle meat wrote:

max.patch wrote:

i like what herschel walker used to do. he said when you make it to the endzone you should act like you've been there before. he'd look for a ref and underhand toss him the ball.
      ah, you had already beat to it. :)