Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

BarkerBag

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Has anyone else seen this? Would any of you who hike/camp with your dogs consider using one? I think the idea is neat but I know my dog wouldn't stay in one. He's too wiggly.

https://shine.yahoo.com/pets/sleeping-bag-attachment-keeps-canine-campmates-warm-secure-152400457.html
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T. S. Eliot
    • Kathy and I hike with our dog, a 90 pound shepherd. Her pic is over there ---->
      Our dog loves to sleep across the foot end of our tent where she has her own window that gets her plenty of fresh air and lets her look out. We've already got coats, blankets, ground pads, and an ooooold feather sleeping bag to keep her warm. Which items get used depends on the weather. Then in the dead of winter we move her between us as well as use her gear to keep her warm. So I guess the answer is no, I wouldn't use something like that barkerbag.
    • I don't quite understand why the doggie sleeping bag has to be tethered to your own. There are already dog-specific bags on the market that are completely functional without zipping it to your own bag. If it's to maintain control of the dog and keep him from getting away, then maybe the dog needs more training instead.
      Anyway, no, I wouldn't buy one. We have toy dogs under 10 lbs. and have occasionally taken one or two of them car camping. I just let them scoot inside my sleeping bag, they get comfy, and I don't hear from them again until morning.
    • TrainWreck wrote:

I don't quite understand why the doggie sleeping bag has to be tethered to your own. There are already dog-specific bags on the market that are completely functional without zipping it to your own bag. If it's to maintain control of the dog and keep him from getting away, then maybe the dog needs more training instead.
      Anyway, no, I wouldn't buy one. We have toy dogs under 10 lbs. and have occasionally taken one or two of them car camping. I just let them scoot inside my sleeping bag, they get comfy, and I don't hear from them again until morning.

TW, I agree with you on not need to be tethered and why.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General