Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Tap-A-Talk

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Re:Re: Tap-A-Talk

WiseOldOwl wrote:

tap a talk ....Do you like it did hate it on your phone or is there something better right now I'm using talk to speech recognition as I am posting

I use it on my phone. I don't love it or hate it. On the phone, it works a little bit better for me than the Web interface, and I don't know of anything better. (I haven't spent a lot of time looking for anything better, either.)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
      I'm not lost. I know where I am. I'm right here.
    • Re:Tap-A-Talk

Tapatalk is the only third party app that it's available for most forum software. Forumrunner is available for vbulletin but it's crap and doesn't have a future just as vbulletin is dying. The last two versions of vbulletin have had big problems. Version 5.1 is a complete disaster that even the developer doesn't use on their automotive sites. The new software will work even better then this software with tapatalk.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Re:Tap-A-Talk

Rasty wrote:

Tapatalk is the only third party app that it's available for most forum software. Forumrunner is available for vbulletin but it's crap and doesn't have a future just as vbulletin is dying. The last two versions of vbulletin have had big problems. Version 5.1 is a complete disaster that even the developer doesn't use on their automotive sites. The new software will work even better then this software with tapatalk.

Rasty, I get the feeling your days as a chef may be numbered. ;)

My dad was a baker and did construction stuff on the side, until becoming a carpenter and general contractor, and just baking stuff for us on the side.

I can tell you are learning more and more about IT and getting sucked into it. Regardless your efforts and knowledge are appreciated.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Re:Re: Re:Tap-A-Talk

Astro wrote:

Rasty wrote:

Rasty, I get the feeling your days as a chef may be numbered. ;)

My dad was a baker and did construction stuff on the side, until becoming a carpenter and general contractor, and just baking stuff for us on the side.

I can tell you are learning more and more about IT and getting sucked into it. Regardless your efforts and knowledge are appreciated.

I barely cook now.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • I use Tapatalk sometimes, it's a quick way to read new posts.

Cons (for me)...I like getting notifications for new posts but there's a lag time. I'll notice a new post and not get a Tapatalk notification for 20 or 30 min., sometimes longer (maybe it's my settings?). The time stamp on the posts are also way off and I don't know how to fix it. Also, I like seeing who is logged in and don't think you can do that with Tapatalk.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • Re:Re: Tap-A-Talk

TrafficJam wrote:

I use Tapatalk sometimes, it's a quick way to read new posts.

Cons (for me)...I like getting notifications for new posts but there's a lag time. I'll notice a new post and not get a Tapatalk notification for 20 or 30 min., sometimes longer (maybe it's my settings?). The time stamp on the posts are also way off and I don't know how to fix it. Also, I like seeing who is logged in and don't think you can do that with Tapatalk.

In the menu spot on the top left hand corner there is a people setting.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123