Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

A Walk in the Woods - the Movie

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JimBlue wrote:

Yeah. I heard all about the stage play being turned into a movie years ago. There is an out of print book I've read that covers that. Some years ago the author did an interview that also explained it. There is a sequel where they deliberately tried to be funny. But it didn't work out too well.
      yup, the sequel "future world" was a flop In my book, but as a kid..."Westworld" was some good scary/creepy stuff!
    • mental note wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

Yeah. I heard all about the stage play being turned into a movie years ago. There is an out of print book I've read that covers that. Some years ago the author did an interview that also explained it. There is a sequel where they deliberately tried to be funny. But it didn't work out too well.
      yup, the sequel "future world" was a flop In my book, but as a kid..."Westworld" was some good scary/creepy stuff!
      i really liked the movie westworld; but the tv series so far i'd give it a meh. of course i've only watched the first episode so far. the tv show is gettin a lotta love so i haven't written it off yet. its on demand so no rush, but i'll get to it.
      2,000 miler
    • max.patch wrote:

mental note wrote:

JimBlue wrote:

i really liked the movie westworld; but the tv series so far i'd give it a meh. of course i've only watched the first episode so far. the tv show is gettin a lotta love so i haven't written it off yet. its on demand so no rush, but i'll get to it.
      same, it's got me intrigued, so for now I'm in...I think they might be bringing "GOD" into the equation, but I'm not sure where this plot is going yet.
    • jimmyjam wrote:

Anyone heard how many nobos made it to Baxter? We hiked with some sobo thrus who said they past 63 nobos in one day in Vermont. They said it was horrible for about a month.
      I can vouch for that. I was in Vermont with sometimes 20-40 people at a shelter in early August with all of the NOBO bubble, SOBOs, and those doing the Long Trail. Was a relief when the Long Trail split off near the Long Trail Inn.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Astro wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Anyone heard how many nobos made it to Baxter? We hiked with some sobo thrus who said they past 63 nobos in one day in Vermont. They said it was horrible for about a month.
      I can vouch for that. I was in Vermont with sometimes 20-40 people at a shelter in early August with all of the NOBO bubble, SOBOs, and those doing the Long Trail. Was a relief when the Long Trail split off near the Long Trail Inn.
      Bubbles are a funny thing. I was in that same section the third week of july and camped with less than a dozen people a night, a surprising number of whom were families with kids hiking and LT thru hikers.
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.