Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

record attempt

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• record attempt

LoboSolo wrote:

http://johndruckenmiller.com/rome-mans-goal-run-the-appalachian-trail-to-help-ugandan-orphans-and-make-a-documentary-on-the-journey-2/
      he will fail. can't be done with days off

For a good cause.

But a big difference between running 130-180 miles and 324 a week. Also there are a lot of places he will not be able to actually run. Also agree with LS that the zero a week is not going to worth all the mileage he is loosing that day.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Re:record attempt

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

Can't see anyone beating the record while taking days off.

He's hoping to do it under 47 days taking Sundays off. That is 55 mpd. I hate to sound negative, but no way.

Crewed and followed by an RV. I don't think they realize the logistics Brew went through just to keep up with Jen. There were times she was long past where he was supposed to met her and then he had to get to the next place. He beat that poor little car of theirs all to hell. I saw it at the Springer parking lot the day they came in. I hope these folks have something other than an RV.
      Changes Daily→ ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫ ♪♫♪♫♪♫ ← Don't blame me. It's That Lonesome Guitar.
    • Re:Re: Re:record attempt

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

He's hoping to do it under 47 days taking Sundays off. That is 55 mpd. I hate to sound negative, but no way.

It's crazy considering he will be around 25 mpd in Maine and New Hampshire. So the easy states will have to be around 65 mpd.

I could do it but only by using Google Earth while cyber hiking. I cyber hiked the whole thing in six hours once.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Re:Re: Re:record attempt

Rasty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

Rasty wrote:

It's crazy considering he will be around 25 mpd in Maine and New Hampshire. So the easy states will have to be around 65 mpd.

I could do it but only by using Google Earth while cyber hiking. I cyber hiked the whole thing in six hours once.

Hey I did it even less than one hour with that little video game link that came out a couple of months ago. :P
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General