Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Crazy Larry's Hostel

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Crazy Larry's Hostel

LoboSolo wrote:

max.patch wrote:

so was that you that lone wolf was bitching about on facebook?
      :) bitching about? nah, just the facts. he's running a business without a license. not paying lodging and meal tax. carry on kids

WHAT!!!
      A BUSINESS RUN ON THE AT WITHOUT A LICENCE??!
      Oh dear, I hope that doesn't get out of hand!
      :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

By the way, I'm more shocked that LS is on FaceBook.
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.
    • Crazy Larry's Hostel

Just got back from Town Hall there Wolf, damn they told me the same thing. But to let you guys know it will be or it won't be. Planned on a license the 1st of May.

If this one don't work out for me I'll do something else.....

And that gal who told you I would not take her donation she was a jack ass from the start!
    • Crazy Larry's Hostel

LoboSolo wrote:

max.patch wrote:

so was that you that lone wolf was bitching about on facebook?
      :) bitching about? nah, just the facts. he's running a business without a license. not paying lodging and meal tax. carry on kids. plus i heard from hikers that he asks for donations but won't accept what's offered.
      So what's this I hear that you need a special use permit to shuttle folks into the National Forest?
    • Crazy Larry's Hostel

LoboSolo wrote:

max.patch wrote:

CrazyLarry wrote:

he wouldn't have ratted you out.
      i never mentioned a person's name, town or name of a business on facebook
      I know a lot of things about a few of the people in this town (I ain't gonna tell you what their names are either) but I would be damned if I would ever get on here or onto Facebook and let the world know about it. You cut me real good Wolf with this one and I felt it. But you know Wolf you have been cutting people on the Internet for years.

What is it that I have done exactly to you that you feel justified in doing what you are doing to me? Not liking me is not a good enough excuse Wolf.

Anyone else would have snapped by now and buddy I was close yesterday but I thank God that He has provided me a way out. And I also thank God that I am going to be able to forgive you.

I am not going to run away from this town, I am not going to avoid you either, I guess you know that already.

So you want a public forum to drag me through the mud here is your chance. You can say what it is that pisses you off about me to the point that everyone in the world needs to know about it because you will not or cannot tell me personally without getting upset.
    • Crazy Larry's Hostel

CrazyLarry wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

I know a lot of things about a few of the people in this town (I ain't gonna tell you what their names are either) but I would be damned if I would ever get on here or onto Facebook and let the world know about it. You cut me real good Wolf with this one and I felt it. But you know Wolf you have been cutting people on the Internet for years.

What is it that I have done exactly to you that you feel justified in doing what you are doing to me? Not liking me is not a good enough excuse Wolf.

Anyone else would have snapped by now and buddy I was close yesterday but I thank God that He has provided me a way out. And I also thank God that I am going to be able to forgive you.

I am not going to run away from this town, I am not going to avoid you either, I guess you know that already.

So you want a public forum to drag me through the mud here is your chance. You can say what it is that pisses you off about me to the point that everyone in the world needs to know about it because you will not or cannot tell me personally without getting upset.

1 Corinthians 13:12 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

People do not see themselves for who they are. They judge others by their actions and themselves by their intent. No one thinks they do anything wrong. That is the natural state of us. I recall someone saying I was a "big" guy many years ago. I stood in front a "glass" but did so "darkly". I could not see the "big" guy they saw. I looked at the "glass" and told it that I was not going to move until I saw myself as this man did. It took over an hour, but I finally I came into view. It is a scary thing to see yourself as others do. I honestly try to do that with my soul too. I spend much time in front of the mirror God provided (the Bible). I fail miserably. We all do. I only "know in part" now how to be right. "But then face to face" I will have a different ability. I will "know even as I am known".

What is my point? It has been a painful process, but I have come to see the good side of LS. There is a very good side to him. I do not think he cares if we see it or not. I could assign intent to that, but would likely be wrong. I do not understand his blunt nature. That is okay. I bet there is more than a few that do not understand mine. I am not saying I know what is right here. I am saying we all desperately need a different mindset. I know I do often.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.
    • Crazy Larry's Hostel

BirdBrain wrote:

CrazyLarry wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

1 Corinthians 13:12 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

People do not see themselves for who they are. They judge others by their actions and themselves by their intent. No one thinks they do anything wrong. That is the natural state of us. I recall someone saying I was a "big" guy many years ago. I stood in front a "glass" but did so "darkly". I could not see the "big" guy they saw. I looked at the "glass" and told it that I was not going to move until I saw myself as this man did. It took over an hour, but I finally I came into view. It is a scary thing to see yourself as others do. I honestly try to do that with my soul too. I spend much time in front of the mirror God provided (the Bible). I fail miserably. We all do. I only "know in part" now how to be right. "But then face to face" I will have a different ability. I will "know even as I am known".

What is my point? It has been a painful process, but I have come to see the good side of LS. There is a very good side to him. I do not think he cares if we see it or not. I could assign intent to that, but would likely be wrong. I do not understand his blunt nature. That is okay. I bet there is more than a few that do not understand mine. I am not saying I know what is right here. I am saying we all desperately need a different mindset. I know I do often.
      And you know what I love Wolf too, I have for quite sometime. I care about him and Gypsy deeply. And yes this has hurt but I have been hurt a few times but I can forgive him and I can continue to go wherever I am going.

Whether I care for someone or not, and especially the "OR NOT" part, I do not take sides on an issue because there are always two sides to an issue. When I first moved to this town I heard all the crap about this person or that person, Wolf even chimed in. And I listened to a point but eventually I got to meet some of these folks who I now call friend.

I am not a person without character defect, nor one who has went about their business in a fashion that is not conducive with the whole. But what I will do is the right thing and you know all Wolf really did was just took that burr I already had on my ass and rubbed it in a little more but he did it with malice like it was a personal thing and that is what upset me. And personally in my thinking I was undeserving of that.

So if Wolf needs to do what he's doing so be it I'll just keep on doing what I am doing/or not doing and I am not going to worry about it anymore.....
    • Crazy Larry's Hostel

CrazyLarry wrote:

BirdBrain wrote:

CrazyLarry wrote:

LoboSolo wrote:

And you know what I love Wolf too, I have for quite sometime. I care about him and Gypsy deeply. And yes this has hurt but I have been hurt a few times but I can forgive him and I can continue to go wherever I am going.

Whether I care for someone or not, and especially the "OR NOT" part, I do not take sides on an issue because there are always two sides to an issue. When I first moved to this town I heard all the crap about this person or that person, Wolf even chimed in. And I listened to a point but eventually I got to meet some of these folks who I now call friend.

I am not a person without character defect, nor one who has went about their business in a fashion that is not conducive with the whole. But what I will do is the right thing and you know all Wolf really did was just took that burr I already had on my ass and rubbed it in a little more but he did it with malice like it was a personal thing and that is what upset me. And personally in my thinking I was undeserving of that.

So if Wolf needs to do what he's doing so be it I'll just keep on doing what I am doing/or not doing and I am not going to worry about it anymore.....

You are doing better than I would be. It is real easy for me to play Dr Phil when it isn't me that is the target. What do they call that? Being a hypocrite. Ya', that's it. I know the path. Walking it is another matter. Some don't even try. Sounds like you have it in hand. Time to follow John Travolta's advice about Adel Dazine or what ever her real name is.
      Non hikers are about a psi shy of a legal ball.
    • Crazy Larry's Hostel

I was legit the whole damn time, I never did anything behind anyone's back. And really that shit Wolf put up here had no relevance at all. When I first decided to do this I went to get a license and I was told I was in my legal means to operate this from a donation thing, the damn thing is donation does not pay the bills. Last fall I went to see about a license and that's when the opposition raised its ugly head and laid out its ugly rules and I did not have the money to put it at rest. That opposition got voted out thankfully and did not even show up to say nay last night.

It just felt good to tell Wolf to kiss my ass........
    • Crazy Larry's Hostel

CrazyLarry wrote:

I was legit the whole damn time, I never did anything behind anyone's back. And really that **** Wolf put up here had no relevance at all. When I first decided to do this I went to get a license and I was told I was in my legal means to operate this from a donation thing, the damn thing is donation does not pay the bills. Last fall I went to see about a license and that's when the opposition raised its ugly head and laid out its ugly rules and I did not have the money to put it at rest. That opposition got voted out thankfully and did not even show up to say nay last night.

It just felt good to tell Wolf to kiss my ass........

wow - OK sorry for my choice of words.... Glad you got the mess straighten out - township stuff really sucks. Doesn't matter now - ya got the place moving forward in the right direction.
      Have a beer on me...listen to some country music...interesting album art...

[IMG:http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/lone-wolf-a-walk-in-my-pause.jpg]
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup: