Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Spring Mahaa get together

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spring Mahaa get together

Ah hammocking and Hiking the AT combined. I like this because you can get to meet some of the folk you have been talking to on the Internet and do some light hiking... there is a pinnacle look out above the campground and if you hike south from the park you will find the Midpoint of the AT This is a great time to familiarize yourself with Hammocking and some will bring tents. Don't look for mine - it will be in stealth mode... Bring a friend many car pool and the lot fills up quickly... Also - even if its pouring rain there are pavilions and ezups... We all sit round campfires - bring a collapsible chair, camera and your wit. Some cottage manufactures always show up. There are raffles of old equipment.

Friday April 25th - Sunday April 27th.
      This is a Family Friendly Event!

Pine Grove Furnace State Park
      1100 Pine Grove Rd.
      Gardners, PA 17324
      http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...nace/index.htm
      http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?87858-2014-Spring-MAHHA-April-25-27th-Official-Planning-Thread
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:

WiseOldOwl wrote:

JJ SNP hasn't greened up it might be dry - but don't expect to see any green due to altitude. Some trails will still be a mess due to the continuing sequester. (Blowdowns might not have been cleared)

The blow downs have been cleared. The trail is muddy in places. I hike the AT or side trails there once or twice a month. ;)
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference

WiseOldOwl wrote:

Well I was too - I cleared it out - (called out) and now packing.

This Wednesday nite another Ref and I head down to Poe Paddy SP in Center county, to fish Penns Creek 'till Sunday. Awesome nice spot. We always go 'last weekend of April', reserve one of the two leantos, bring our Mtn. Bikes, fish like mad, drink alittle, smoke cigars. I'm afraid the calender and long winter has us a week or two early for the 2 overlapping hatches that we try to catch ON this last weekend!
      [hide]shhhhhhhh! we bring our cots....in the shelter :huh: [/hide]
      I have fished Mountain Creek before! It is Catch and release I believe. There is a 'Heritage Stream' in Carlise...The Letort. Anyway...... what time on Sunday would you be pulling out of there? :whistle:
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:

CoachLou wrote:

WiseOldOwl wrote:

sounds like fun... your are a 105 miles north or two and a half hours of where we will be.

I have been there three times, my buddy went to Shippensburg State, I've walked from Caledonia to Pine Grove Sp, and I've fished up there. I have my Penn. Gazateer for the direct route if it happens!!!

Funny you never mentioned Fish! it was all Cheezzzze cake.... Fish Stick & Cheese cake do not make a good combination...

So is this fly fishing?
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup: