Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Some 30 years later, would folks buy a Svea today?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Some 30 years later, would folks buy a Svea today?

Ahh the memories of firing up a Gasoline Flame thrower... Guaranteed to work at any altitude! The stove that climbed Everest. The noisiest way to boil water for Tea on the planet.... Beautiful workmanship in Brass with built in simmer... Boils rice in a single bound.... Not to mention a cult like following amongst climbers...

Damn - cant handle ethanol! Oh well white gas then... getting harder to find... Museum piece then..... what's a guy to do with this dustbuster?

Sell it to a prepper? Casual thoughts welcome on the mysteries.... of the Svea Cult!!!
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • Re:Re: Some 30 years later, would folks buy a Svea today?

CoachLou wrote:

30 years ago I bought this state of the art Backpack stove made by coleman. My Peak 1 is in the 'Non-essential' camping gear shelves. I fired it up to make coffee during Sandy!

I use my whisper lite for the same
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Re:Re: Some 30 years later, would folks buy a Svea today?

Rasty wrote:

CoachLou wrote:

30 years ago I bought this state of the art Backpack stove made by coleman. My Peak 1 is in the 'Non-essential' camping gear shelves. I fired it up to make coffee during Sandy!

I use my whisper lite for the same

The 'International' comes out when we car camp with a group.
      Cheesecake> Ramen :thumbsup:
    • Some 30 years later, would folks buy a Svea today?

Svea 123R was a great stove! A trifle heavy, now for all-altitudes, all-temperatures, I'd use a Whisperlite.

Did anyone else ever encounter the Turm Sport? That was my first alcohol stove. It couldn't compete with my beverage-can stove.
      I'm not lost. I know where I am. I'm right here.