Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Anker® 14W Solar Panel Foldable Dual-port Solar Ch

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Anker® 14W Solar Panel Foldable Dual-port Solar Ch

Anker® 14W Solar Panel Foldable Dual-port Solar Charger for 5V USB-charged Devices Including GPS Units, iPhone, iPad, Android Phones and Android Tablets
      14 watt mono-crystalline 15-18% efficient solar array provides up to 5V / 2A total output among two USB-charging ports.

Compatible with 5V USB-charged devices including, GPS units, iPhones, iPads, Android phones and Android tablets.
      Hardened PET plastic faced solar panels sewn into high-wear polyester canvas for weather-resistant outdoor durability.
      Folds down into a 8.5 x 11 paper-sized profile for superior portability; well-place eyeholes enable easy attachment to backpacks for use while hiking.
      Package contents: Anker® 14W Foldable Dual-Port Solar Charger, instruction manual.
      1.7 lbs. $69 Shipping not included

http://www.amazon.com/Foldable-Dual-port-Charger-USB-charged-Including/dp/B00E3OL5U8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395076624&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+portable+solar
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • Anker® 14W Solar Panel Foldable Dual-port Solar Ch

Although I have not purchased this unit, I have the same parts and have tested on cloudy days with a portable V/A meter just 1 of the panels - So here is a working theory,

My Amp Meter doesn't measure below .05 Amps, it needs that to power itself. And I am testing in less than Ideal conditions, below partly cloudy. The Anker displays "Charging" at this level and the V/A Meter is powered at .04 and .05 just fine - the working voltage is 4-5 volts. It's good for the Anker over the course of hours but don't expect to power a smart phone direct - they want 5.3v and a minimum of .6 amp constant over the course of three minutes. So when does that occur? When the sun is slightly visible as a disk, in the clouds. So adding panels will get you there, and charging on a lunch break would be optimum. The question is how long of a lunch break.
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup: