Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

ATT Samsung Rugby Smartphone Waterproof Dust etc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ATT Samsung Rugby Smartphone Waterproof Dust etc

Exclusive to Appalachian Trail Cafe...No posting on other websites.

On a recent visit I discovered a somewhat unique Smartphone at ATT and its exclusive to ATT and cannot be purchased for Verizon... It comes in a very rugged case and has a replaceable battery and additional batteries it adds $5 to the bill monthly for two years - a 32 Mb chip can be added and well suited for hiking and travel.

Durable, Rugged Design
      If you're outside in all kinds of weather, the Samsung Rugby® Smart is built for you. Rubber seals help keep out dirt and moisture, and a screw lock on the battery cover provides added protection of the battery, SIM card and other internal components. The Rugby® Smart is even sturdy enough to meet demanding military specifications and is rated IP67 for resistance to dust and water, and keeps working even after being dropped from 6.6 feet. Camera is 5 Megapixel and appears to be in the 5 ounce range. Additional batteries are $20

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SGH-I847ZKAATT

You die hard hikers should check this phone out as prices for contracts have dropped dramatically and even I re-negotiated my current agreement with ATT My Motorola droid is currently a pita.
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:
    • ATT Samsung Rugby Smartphone Waterproof Dust etc

I am 1 month into using this phone and the contacts and apps were re-installed via the cloud - the battery life is awesome... The Anker is a great companion... This phone exceeded my "critical" expectations. Only one app failed to work and I can replace the app. I noticed other phones were larger and not as bright while in the store... and that is critical in the outdoors. So I am going to order a second battery.
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup: