Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

marmite stuffed pizza

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• marmite stuffed pizza

new zealand marmite is basically australian vegemite, at least thats what i learned from my hours glued to food newtwork and the cooking channel. which means that i don't think this is gonna be any good. calling oz...

[IMG:http://cdn.foodbeast.com.s3.amazonaws.com/content/uploads/2014/03/Marmite-Stuffed-Pizza.jpg]

Love it or hate it, Marmite has gathered a cult following in New Zealand and the UK through the years. The salty yeast-based spread boasts a strong odor and is eaten with toast or crackers. Depending on who you talk to, Marmite is either delicious or downright awful. Looks like New Zealand Pizza Hut is willing to roll the dice on this one by coming up with their new CheeZee Marmite Stuffed Crust pizza.
      The pizza features melted mozzarella sticks baked inside the crust along with a Marmite layer. It’s only available with the Cheese Extreme Pizza, a cheese pie with three times the normal amount of mozzarella. CheeZee Marmite Stuffed Crust is available for $8 NZ ($6.80 US).
      If it’s as wonderful as anchovies, sign me up.
      2,000 miler
    • marmite stuffed pizza

Marmite and Vegemite are extremely similar except for one thing.
      People rarely like both.
      I love Vegemite, loathe Marmite.
      Vege is Australia's most popular, Marmite NZ's and UK's.

Either in a pizza would be revolting in my opinion, but you have to make allowances for Kiwis - they still have some rungs of the evolutionary ladder to clamber up.
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.
    • Re:Re: marmite stuffed pizza

As a kid when we could get it here Vegemite in a toothpaste tube was "interesting" going forward I will stick to Sardines in oil... about the same and most likely healthier.

Watching the ban years ago to stop the product from entering into the USA kind of pointed out how messed up the FDA was at the time.
      Be wise enough to walk away from the nonsense around you! :thumbup:

WiseOldOwl wrote:

As a kid when we could get it here Vegemite in a toothpaste tube was "interesting" going forward I will stick to Sardines in oil... about the same and most likely healthier.

Watching the ban years ago to stop the product from entering into the USA kind of pointed out how messed up the FDA was at the time.

The "toothpaste" tube you refer to is the only non glass container the stuff is sold in (not counting single serve type containers). IM and I took 2 to USA with us. I enjoyed taking about a half inch squirt at a time and licking it off my fingers....
      Resident Australian, proving being a grumpy old man is not just an American trait.

I get it (understand what you are posting) and its truly a salty unique flavor... but after the ban was lifted it killed the desire or the need... the Au govt was well, "upset" with us....sort of like mac and cheese to american families...

curious change the subject..

tell me about what OZ folk have for cell smart phones and services and what its like to hike the back country (start a new thread) PM if you do not understand... I am working on something.. or call me. Friends now have my phone number posted here.

WiseOldOwl wrote:

curious change the subject..

tell me about what OZ folk have for cell smart phones and services and what its like to hike the back country (start a new thread) PM if you do not understand... I am working on something.. or call me. Friends now have my phone number posted here.

OK.
      I'm no expert but my understanding is there is some differences with the type of signals phones use and we have the same as Europe but different from USA.
      Hence our phones are limited usefulness over there and vice versa.
      All the same models are available however (manufacturers just change something inside).
      e.g the iphones are here, I have Samsung Galaxy S4.
      We have one standout provider for backcountry coverage - Telstra. Surprise surprise, it's the most expensive. Optus is second biggest and Vodaphone 3rd (based on their coverage area, not necessarily customers).
      Coverage in rural areas for smartphone coverage is patchy - available in all major towns but often not in between. Our population density is MUCH thinner and doesn't commercially justify towers between our widespread urban centres.
      Billing systems vary but is usually very penal for any significant levels of download, fairly cheap for calls and texts (texts often referred to as SMS here).
      You can search for Telstra and Optus to find their online sites and see the deals.
      Take their "coverage maps" with a large pinch of salt.

On my recent hike I was for long periods not even able to send texts (I'm with Telstra) as the urban centres with the towers are about 15-20 miles inland and I was off the edge of the continental plateau so to speak. I was below a cliff face to some degree and had no line of sight to a tower. When I did have a signal I usually had 3G but with a weak link.

Thank's mate... excellent reply because we are under the FCC and they are stupid as a group, I have seen two way radio smaller than cell here in the states. With a ten mile radius back in the 70's Those radios were from Ausi!

For the rest of you - and because I am in pest control (not a spray jockey) - I would rather eat chinese that eat American Italian Pizza ... so here ya go... don't tell me you are shocked... Pizza has & contains mice hair and cucarachas parts and poop worse than Hot Dogs... I would eat shortbreads first. Vegitarian are the worst here in Philadelphia!

Here's your sign!
      [IMG:http://www.comediansatlaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Road-Kill-Pizza-41864-300x272.jpg]
    • Re:marmite stuffed pizza

I wasn't even trying... I switched some years ago and went to Digiorno, my manager asked me to stop selling them because they were financially loosing money. They are very poor in paying... 2nd to Greek Diners. We took on a Diner a few miles from my house and it is Indian owned and it's far better than Greek. They care, the food is good and I take the family every weekend. The Greek place? well they think chicken gravy goes with Turkey slices. what do they know!... When it comes to pizza - its not upper crust - its bad crust... I honestly don't care where it comes from - here are the rules I live by.

The place needs a bunch of cars out front - or I am not pulling in.

Mice don't come out at 9PM to start a Hoe Down in the middle of the floor.

Roaches are clearly absent.

The food needs to be fresh.

The place needs to family oriented.

No clutter - cleaner than your home.

No flies. Phorids or small fruit flies.

Must be clean.

Guy Fierri needs to have visited at least once.....Kidding!
    • Re:Re: Re:marmite stuffed pizza

WiseOldOwl wrote:

I wasn't even trying... I switched some years ago and went to Digiorno, my manager asked me to stop selling them because they were financially loosing money. They are very poor in paying... 2nd to Greek Diners. We took on a Diner a few miles from my house and it is Indian owned and it's far better than Greek. They care, the food is good and I take the family every weekend. The Greek place? well they think chicken gravy goes with Turkey slices. what do they know!... When it comes to pizza - its not upper crust - its bad crust... I honestly don't care where it comes from - here are the rules I live by.

The place needs a bunch of cars out front - or I am not pulling in.

Mice don't come out at 9PM to start a Hoe Down in the middle of the floor.

Roaches are clearly absent.

The food needs to be fresh.

The place needs to family oriented.

No clutter - cleaner than your home.

No flies. Phorids or small fruit flies.

Must be clean.

Guy Fierri needs to have visited at least once.....Kidding!

Fruit flies suck. Had them once and we nuked the whole restaurant. Then went through the same routine for two weeks.
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • Re:marmite stuffed pizza

Well I appreciate that - Here is what I found out four years ago,, there are inspectors that run around in each county and some are better then others and have to submit to the state their findings. They are lackluster in finding insects, or indications. Indications - ok that needs a better explanation. A full on infestation of "waterbugs" or Chinese Roaches requires a knowledge of visible feces. I have seen trails 1 foot wide and 20 feet long inside American Schools and Private Schools as well as other restaurants. They are not idiots - they are respected well versed folk trying to to do the best they can. They are missing the clues, but here are my statistics - my best guess is 10 % in your county is infested. Based on what I am working in my three county territory.
    • Re:Re: Re:marmite stuffed pizza

WiseOldOwl wrote:

Well I appreciate that - Here is what I found out four years ago,, there are inspectors that run around in each county and some are better then others and have to submit to the state their findings. They are lackluster in finding insects, or indications. Indications - ok that needs a better explanation. A full on infestation of "waterbugs" or Chinese Roaches requires a knowledge of visible feces. I have seen trails 1 foot wide and 20 feet long inside American Schools and Private Schools as well as other restaurants. They are not idiots - they are respected well versed folk trying to to do the best they can. They are missing the clues, but here are my statistics - my best guess is 10 % in your county is infested. Based on what I am working in my three county territory.

I would guess more then 10%
      Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
      Dr. Seuss Cof123
    • It doesn't work near as well as it's "supposed" to.

I generally find the more I want to learn something about a picture the less likely I'll get satisfactory results. It'll find a slice of pizza on a bathroom floor, but won't know anything about the waterfall I'm looking at. :)

But since it's only 2 clicks I keep trying.
      2,000 miler
    • If we are talking exotic international pizza, I'll nominate Pizza Vulkamen (Valcano Pizza), ranked as on of the top 50 foods in Sweden. It is described as "a visually impressive dish with extra everything – there are pockets of cheese and ham, salami, bacon, and beef tenderloin in a wide ring.
      Erupting from the center are french fries and a salad with Béarnaise sauce".

tasteatlas.com/pizza-vulkanen

• odd man out wrote:

If we are talking exotic international pizza, I'll nominate Pizza Vulkamen (Valcano Pizza), ranked as on of the top 50 foods in Sweden. It is described as "a visually impressive dish with extra everything – there are pockets of cheese and ham, salami, bacon, and beef tenderloin in a wide ring.

Throw in a loaf of bread and an apple pie and that'd be a good hiker meal.
      I may grow old but I'll never grow up.
    • Drybones wrote:

odd man out wrote:

If we are talking exotic international pizza, I'll nominate Pizza Vulkamen (Valcano Pizza), ranked as on of the top 50 foods in Sweden. It is described as "a visually impressive dish with extra everything – there are pockets of cheese and ham, salami, bacon, and beef tenderloin in a wide ring.

Throw in a loaf of bread and an apple pie and that'd be a good hiker meal.
      And an egg of some sort. And coffee and a cold beer.

One of the last times I went on a section hike I got a cheeseburger with fried egg and coffee and beer. The waitress did look at me a little funny but I couldn't make up my mind so I got both.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference