Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Hiking & Biking

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

odd man out wrote:

As a driver, I too wish bikers would own the turn lanes. It doesn't really slow down traffic much as a bike can accelerate off the light nearly as fast as a car. It's better than when the bikers pretend to be pedestrians. I also wish they would use hand signals to indicate turning.
      I'm big on hand signals. Left turn, right turn and then there's that very special one finger one that I use when someone in a car gets too close or almost backs over me coming out their driveway.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • New

jimmyjam wrote:

odd man out wrote:

As a driver, I too wish bikers would own the turn lanes. It doesn't really slow down traffic much as a bike can accelerate off the light nearly as fast as a car. It's better than when the bikers pretend to be pedestrians. I also wish they would use hand signals to indicate turning.
      I'm big on hand signals. Left turn, right turn and then there's that very special one finger one that I use when someone in a car gets too close or almost backs over me coming out their driveway.
      finger.gif