Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Hiking & Biking

• max.patch wrote:

Looking forward to the ESPN series on Lance Armstrong that starts tonight.

He fooled a lotta people. Including me. :(
      He was not unique in his use of performance enhancing drugs in the cycling world but he took the brunt of media scrutiny because he so vehemently denied it. His mistake was not admitting his wrong doing and taking his punishment.
      Lost in the right direction.
    • Traffic Jam wrote:

max.patch wrote:

Looking forward to the ESPN series on Lance Armstrong that starts tonight.

He fooled a lotta people. Including me. :(
      He was not unique in his use of performance enhancing drugs in the cycling world but he took the brunt of media scrutiny because he so vehemently denied it. His mistake was not admitting his wrong doing and taking his punishment.
      Dumping his wife and 3 small children did not help his image either.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • ebike update: I'm loving it! Went to Pocohontas State Park Saturday and met up with my hiking buddy Slingshot. Pocohontas has over 70 miles of forest roads and MTB trails. I rode about 25 miles, mostly on the forest roads, and probably never stopped smiling. It was fun passing people uphill on the forest roads and seeing the "what the heck was that?" look.
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference
    • jimmyjam wrote:

ebike update: I'm loving it! Went to Pocohontas State Park Saturday and met up with my hiking buddy Slingshot. Pocohontas has over 70 miles of forest roads and MTB trails. I rode about 25 miles, mostly on the forest roads, and probably never stopped smiling. It was fun passing people uphill on the forest roads and seeing the "what the heck was that?" look.

JJ, were you able to get 25 miles on a single charge?
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • jimmyjam wrote:

ebike update: I'm loving it! Went to Pocohontas State Park Saturday and met up with my hiking buddy Slingshot. Pocohontas has over 70 miles of forest roads and MTB trails. I rode about 25 miles, mostly on the forest roads, and probably never stopped smiling. It was fun passing people uphill on the forest roads and seeing the "what the heck was that?" look.

It sounds like you had a good time, and that's what counts. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of your new bike. I have a feeling that your not so old mountain bike is going to be collecting a lot of dust.
    • IMScotty wrote:

jimmyjam wrote:

JJ, were you able to get 25 miles on a single charge?
      Yes, and I still had over half a tank. I was in PA 1&2 most the time and some 3
      "Dazed and Confused"
      Recycle, re-use, re-purpose
      Plant a tree
      Take a kid hiking
      Make a difference