Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Happy Thanksgiving!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Happy Thanksgiving!

From the Appalachians south of Asheville, have a happy Thanksgiving!
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Clingmans Dome and Max Patch NC to Gorham NH

"The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are pretty good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard
    • We had all the children (except the one who lives in Japan) over for Thanksgiving. This time of year my wife always hangs up the Santa Clause quilt she made. She was walking by it with one of my 1 year old granddaughters and my granddaughter pointed at it and said Papa.

I guess I should consider it a positive for a child to think I resemble a person who is famous for spreading joy and making children happy. :)
      Images
      • 20231128_072311.jpg

185.65 kB, 800×450, viewed 39 times
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General

The post was edited 1 time, last by Astro ().

• My son used to come into the bathroom while my face was covered in shaving cream and say "Ho ho ho!"

Now my wife looks at my white beard and calls me Santa.

He had a broad face and a little round belly, from too many trips to the bar and the deli.
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Clingmans Dome and Max Patch NC to Gorham NH

"The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are pretty good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard