Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Fly Overs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• OMO,

I went on a horse back ride through Monument Valley. It was great!
      Arranged it with some Navajo guy who led the trek. The horses were beautiful semi-wild Indian 'ponies' that spend half the year grazing free up on the mesa.

Unlike every other horse rental I have every done, you were free to explore, there were no helmets or safety instruction, we went full gallop through parts of the desert. We were on Tribal Land, and the Navajo guy was not worried about liability. If we did something stupid, well that was on us.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • IMScotty wrote:

OMO,

I went on a horse back ride through Monument Valley. It was great!
      Arranged it with some Navajo guy who led the trek. The horses were beautiful semi-wild Indian 'ponies' that spend half the year grazing free up on the mesa.

Unlike every other horse rental I have every done, you were free to explore, there were no helmets or safety instruction, we went full gallop through parts of the desert. We were on Tribal Land, and the Navajo guy was not worried about liability. If we did something stupid, well that was on us.
      That sounds awesome. However just getting on a horse for me may qualify as "stupid". I have zero experience. The jeep tours may be more my speed.