Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Hiking Miles 2022

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hiking Miles 2022

How many trail miles did you hike in 2022? 10
        Greater than 2000 (0) 0%
        1000 - 2000 (0) 0%
        750 - 1000 (0) 0%
        500 - 750 (2) 20%
        250 - 500 (1) 10%
        100 - 250 (2) 20%
        50 - 100 (2) 20%
        1 - 50 (3) 30%
        Zero (0) 0%
      These can be any trail miles, Day trips or Overnights.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • Scott completed only 128.8 PCT miles in 2022 :(
      That does not bode well for my ability to complete this thing.

I'll estimate another 80 miles on other trails for about 200 total. A lean year.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • Close to 100 miles. But they were some tough ones - the Whites and the first half of the GSMNP.
      Trudgin' along the AT since 2003. Completed Sections: Springer Mountain to Clingmans Dome and Max Patch NC to Gorham NH

"The days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations...those are pretty good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard
    • I started out very well with my resolution to walk/hike at least a mile 5 days a week and at least 10 miles per week. That went well until mid February when the artic weather blew in, I was able to bear about 2 days of it but by the 3rd day, my resolve weakened and it was downhill from there, particularly because on February 11 my husband received a diagnosis of myelodispastic syndrome MDS, basically low platelets. After a second opinion and a couple more visits with 3 different doctors, he started chemo on May 2. Chemo impacts the blood very significantly so that by late August he had almost no nuetriphylls (sp) meaning that he had almost no immune system which ended up with him being admitted to the hospital 3 times in September for a total of 15 days. It was a horrible month.

I went on the Great Smoky Mountains Spring Wildflower Pilgrimage in April and hiked about 35 miles over 4 days. Made it to Charlie's Bunion for first time ever. It was a great trip.

I'm going to try again this year with the same resolution. Today I'm doing a day hike with a friend at Proud Lake State Recreation Area.

Best to all for fun hiking this year!