Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

Gorham, NH

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Made my annual visit to Gorham, NH this weekend. The town was hopping with Labor Day weekend tourists and hikers. Lodging prices have done through the roof up here, by the way. My wife and I chose to car camp.

We were stunned to see that 'Mr. Pizza' had closed. For those who don't know, Mr. Pizza is a large pub-style family restaurant popular with locals, tourists, and hikers alike. We talked with one of the owners who said they were retiring due to health and age. The are selling at a discount, so if you are looking to buy a business in an AT Trail Town...

On the good news front, Gorham now has a very nice brewery in town (Big Day Brewing). The brewery is a short walk from 'The Barn' (Libby House) Hiker Hostel. The beers I tasted I would rate as 'good.' They have a small menu which I did not sample. Nice new building, they were busy on Labor Day weekend but I still got great service.
      “Of all sad words of tongue or pen,
      the saddest are these, 'It might have been.”

John Greenleaf Whittier
    • CoachLou wrote:

Bummer......I love Mr. Pizza. In March, while recovering from my shoulder, I needed to get away! I drove to Pinkham Notch. I stayed in Gorham instead of Littleton, just to go to Mr. Pizza!
      I enjoyed at least one meal of loading up on carbs during a hike there. :thumbup:
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General