Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

ATQOTD

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

max.patch wrote:

Astro wrote:

So if I can reel off another 133 in a row I can see 100% again. Should just be 114 more, but I can vent about that then if I actually get there. :D
      I hope you get it...I can make the case that sense 100% is "perfect" a number should never round up to 100%. That's just my opinion, not based on whatever mathematical rules apply.
      Don't worry I seriously doubt I will ever get that close. Probably a True/False question just waiting for me around the corner.

The rounding detail goes back to my computer science background. But I also can see the philosophical perspective about 100% meaning perfect. Six Sigma is often called six nines for 99.9999% of 3.34 defects per million.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • New

Astro wrote:

Realize I probably have an advantage since I hiked the entire trail in the past 12 years.
      Been longer for me than that, but it still is a huge advantage, especially on those random trail sign questions that ask what state it's in.

Having lived in Georgia since my mid 20's also gives me a pretty good knowledge of the first 4% of the AT. :)
      2,000 miler
    • New

So I hit the Firefox "Refresh" circular arrow today, several times. It DID present different answers and in different orders. I knew it from the first screen. I should have taken a quick note of the states and their presentation order for each "refresh". I'll try that also.

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – June 25, 2022 ⛺
      My answer today was – CORRECT
      Total questions answered – 111
      Total answers correct – 99
      Percentage answers correct – 89%
      Longest correct streak – 46
      hykeroo.com/atqotd #hykerooatqotd
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • New

Astro wrote:

Really easy one today.
      Yep

So I hit "Refresh" 5 times. Got five presentations of choices. In those 5, I was presented with 10 different states. Some states repeated 2 or more and the correct answer was always included. Just FYI.

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – June 26, 2022 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 112
      Total answers correct – 100
    • New

Sarcasmtheelf wrote:

Dang! Not fair to post a "what state?" question when it's practically on the border of two of the states that are options!
      This is why I don't like different answers.

The question Elf missed was what state the Perkins Memorial was in. I'm assuming that Elf chose NJ instead of NY based on his comment. One of the answer choices replaced NJ as a choice and replaced it with GA.
      2,000 miler

The post was edited 1 time, last by max.patch ().

• New

max.patch wrote:

Sarcasmtheelf wrote:

Dang! Not fair to post a "what state?" question when it's practically on the border of two of the states that are options!
      This is why I don't like different answers.
      The question Elf missed was what state the Perkins Memorial was in. I'm assuming that Elf chose NJ instead of NY based on his comment. One of the answer choices replaced NJ as a choice and replaced it with GA.
      My one wrong answer of my 69 on the new phone was a NY/NJ question.
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • New

Shoot....forgot to try the "Refresh" again. I knew this one so quickly clicked the correct answer. Extra credit for answering within 15 seconds?

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – June 27, 2022 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 113
      Total answers correct – 101