Welcome to the AppalachianTrailCafe.net!
Take a moment and register and then join the conversation

ATQOTD

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – June 19, 2022 ⛺
      My answer today was – CORRECT
      Total questions answered – 62
      Total answers correct – 61
      Percentage answers correct – 98%
      Longest correct streak – 37
      hykeroo.com/atqotd #hykerooatqotd

Looks liked they fixed the security issue. :)
      The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
      Richard Ewell, CSA General
    • Wish GearGrams would fix it....

Glad this trivia one is back. Coin Toss....score!
      ⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – June 19, 2022 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 105
      Total answers correct – 95
      Percentage answers correct – 90%
      Longest correct streak – 46
      Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    • My namesake AND a place I've been... easy to answer! One benefit to starting your stats over and getting one wrong in the beginning: early on, every correct answer has a big impact on your percentage :D

Total questions answered – 4
      Total answers correct – 3
      Percentage answers correct – 75%
      Longest correct streak – 2
    • Dang! Not fair to post a "what state?" question when it's practically on the border of two of the states that are options!

My answer today was – INCORRECT
      Total questions answered – 1
      Total answers correct – 0
      Percentage answers correct – 0%
      Longest correct streak – 0
      Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.
    • Sarcasmtheelf wrote:

Dang! Not fair to post a "what state?" question when it's practically on the border of two of the states that are options!

Total questions answered – 1
      Total answers correct – 0
      Percentage answers correct – 0%
      Longest correct streak – 0
      The 1 out 62 I missed was picking NY instead of NJ.
    • I can't believe the Texas Lone Star Trail isn't one of the USA Triple Crown trails!!! We here in Texas are under represented! LOL

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – June 20, 2022 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 106
      Total answers correct – 96
      Percentage answers correct – 91%
    • Astro wrote:

There is a bug in the software, it truncates instead of rounding. 64/65 should be 99%, but still shows 98%. Guess I will never get back to 100% again. :rolleyes:
      You're a couple days early; it should round up to 99% at 66/67 .98507.

Unless, of course, they throw in a T-F question the next couple of days. :)

My beef about the software is that there is more than one answer key so everyone is not playing the same game.
      2,000 miler
    • Hmmm.. Different device I understand. I use Firefox. When I Reopen the question, it still has that I've answered. I click the "OKAY" and it's back to the question and not my results but still shows a check/or X on what I clicked on and a check (If i was wrong in my answer) on what is the correct answer. I've tried both the (Reload Arrow) on the browser address line as well as the old F5 (Reload). My page stays the same, with my answers shown. I closed the browser and reopened, same results. This is all on a laptop PC, Windoze OS (new one and up to date patch wise).

I'll try it again with tomorrows question.
      And the questions do have repeats and I've notice that some of the repeated, DO have different choices but still only one correct (but also could be open to interpretation).
      Such as(and I'm making this up): "LNT Stands for 1) Left No Turn 2) Leave No Trace 3) Leave No TP 4) Listen No Trumpets" And when the question showed up again the answers were "1) Left No Town 2) Leave No trace 3) Level No Trees 4) List Not True"
    • max.patch wrote:

Astro wrote:

There is a bug in the software, it truncates instead of rounding. 64/65 should be 99%, but still shows 98%. Guess I will never get back to 100% again. :rolleyes:
      You're a couple days early; it should round up to 99% at 66/67 .98507.
      Unless, of course, they throw in a T-F question the next couple of days. :)

My beef about the software is that there is more than one answer key so everyone is not playing the same game.
      0.9846 should round up to 99%.
      FWIW, the 6 rounds the 4 up to 5, which rounds the 8 up to 9.
    • 44 :)

After answering todays question on my phone I went to my chromebook and pulled up the question. I refreshed it probably half dozen times or so, During this time 11 different states were given as answers. Of course there are only 14 states to choose from. I've never seen so many different choices like this before, but then again I've never looked like this before. I usually see 1 different choice.

And is anybody really going to choose Georgia or Maine as the halfway point? :)
      2,000 miler

The post was edited 1 time, last by max.patch ().

• max.patch wrote:

44 :)

After answering todays question on my phone I went to my chromebook and pulled up the question. I refreshed it probably half dozen times or so, During this time 11 different states were given as answers. Of course there are only 14 states to choose from. I've never seen so many different choices like this before, but then again I've never looked like this before. I usually see 1 different choice.

So can we reliad several times before answering, and look for the one option that is always there?

But then if i were going to cheat, it would be easier to google it. ;)
    • odd man out wrote:

max.patch wrote:

44 :)

So can we reliad several times before answering, and look for the one option that is always there?
      But then if i were going to cheat, it would be easier to google it. ;)
      Yeah, one could cheat if they wanted to. Although most of the time you're only going to get one answer removed. You could also cheat on Wordle by doing the puzzle on one computer and then using another one that you use to report results. But if someone needs to boost their self esteem by cheating on a stupid puzzle they must have one sad life. As they said on Seinfeld before The Contest...we're on the honor system.
      2,000 miler

The post was edited 1 time, last by max.patch ().

• So I need to open the question, then hit refresh? I didn't do that. Forgot and just answered it. My not-correct answers presented were NH, TN, VT.

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – June 23, 2022 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 109
      Total answers correct – 98
      Percentage answers correct – 90%
    • Just a guess, that some questions are in multiple times with different incorrect possibilities. So perhaps the question that never changed, is only present in the database/spreadsheet, once. While the question that presented different incorrect possibilities, is in several times. Just guessing.
    • With 44 in a row I'm closing in on rhjanes streak of 46. Today will be 45.

I had no clue what todays answer was. I narrowed it down to 2 most likely answers and took a total guess.

Guessed wrong.

Worst thing is that I didn't go with my first instinct, and changed my guess at the last moment.

Should have cheated. :)

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.
      2,000 miler
    • I tried hitting F5 on Firefox and the screen choices didn't change. HOWEVER, the "Refresh" loopy arrow DID make the choices change. However today, they simply changed the order of the choices (no new choices, no choices removed). I had to guess....and missed.

⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – June 24, 2022 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 110
      Total answers correct – 98
      Percentage answers correct – 89%
    • ⛰️ AT Question Of The Day – June 24, 2022 ⛺
      Total questions answered – 67
      Total answers correct – 66
      Percentage answers correct – 99%
      Longest correct streak – 37

Evidently it does one digit rounding instead of pure truncation.

So if I can reel off another 133 in a row I can see 100% again. Should just be 114 more, but I can vent about that then if I actually get there. :D

Realize I probably have an advantage since I hiked the entire trail in the past 12 years. Also read dozens of books about the AT during that time. While I didn't stop at the place today, I did two of the others. And this looked like what I thought it should, unlike the other option. :)
    • Astro wrote:

So if I can reel off another 133 in a row I can see 100% again. Should just be 114 more, but I can vent about that then if I actually get there. :D
      I hope you get it...I can make the case that sense 100% is "perfect" a number should never round up to 100%. That's just my opinion, not based on whatever mathematical rules apply.
      2,000 miler